News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SWFF Official Countdown

Started by KiltedPrivateer, January 02, 2018, 08:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on February 25, 2020, 07:24:51 AM
Well I really hope I get to be there with you. At this point it looks like we'll be working through the weekend.

But
It is 4 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes, 18 seconds

until Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 10:00:00 am (Austin time)

:( Damn it, man!  I have seen you in five years.

Same way with Papa Smurf...err...I mean Breandan( ;D)...I have clasped forearms with my brother in three years.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

Yeah I'm not thrilled either. We missed the entire last season due to life. This will be the second opening weekend that I've missed. But, here's to hoping we make great strides this week and they decide to not to work on Saturday.

It is 3 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes, 59 seconds

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Almost time to storm the gates.. :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

Let's see

It is 1 day, 2 hours, 13 minutes, 50 seconds

Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

And our customer has confirmed that we will continue to slave away through the weekend. So no opening weekend adventure for me. Hopefully my family will be make it second weekend.

Fraser, I sure hope you have a awesome weekend in the forest. SWFF truly is a great faire. It has a completely different atmosphere than TRF.

Don't forget that it is also Teach's "actual" birthday. He's a leap year baby. So if you see him, wish him all the best. I was hoping to make the pub crawl with him, but I guess I'll just have to enjoy some rum with him next weekend.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Have fun storming the castle!
I am so jealous....
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

0 Days and roughly 2 hours before the gates open. Sure hope y'all have an awesome day. And remember us poor unfortunates still chained down by the corporation. Raise a mug to us.
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Wow!  What a weekend.  The weather was almost ideal.  StudMuffin and I had a great time.  Finally met Merlin the Elder in person.  Saw RennStar, Jess & Fraser and too many others to mention. 
It was a very fine opening, indeed.
Sorry you missed it KP.
HAZZAH to Queen Bonnie!
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

HAD A FREAKING BLAST!!
I loved the fact that we outnumbered them...more garbed people than Danes.  The rustic feel...clean but not completely tame...dappled sunshine coming through the trees...the seemingly random pathways...

Seeing lots of faces that I knew...almost like the old days at TRF...walk fifty to a hundred steps and run into someone you know.  The Jerusalem Pub had the feel of the Sea Devil, 15 years ago, before the stages and decks....and the Bloody Bee Stings.

Teach, Trinn, Renstar, Keeper, Breandan, Lindsey...and even if it was only for a brief minute, MERLIN!! Been talking to the man for years but this was the first time we had the chance to lock arms and exchange some banter, face to face.  It was an honor, Sir to finally meet you and your wonderful wife.

Lady Jess and I are already plotting for next year...making a whole weekend of it. ;D

*And lets not forget Queen Bonnie!  She remember the Scarby Rendezvous and the Rusty Nails that messed me up so bad.*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

I'm so glad y'all had a great weekend. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Now you see what we've been raving about. I just hope the "Faire for Rennies" last a good long time. I hope you do get to come out again next year Fraser. Or maybe, once more before this season ends.

I'm hoping this test will end soon so that I can finally unwind in the forest.

Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on March 02, 2020, 07:53:17 AM
I'm so glad y'all had a great weekend. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Now you see what we've been raving about. I just hope the "Faire for Rennies" last a good long time. I hope you do get to come out again next year Fraser. Or maybe, once more before this season ends.

I'm hoping this test will end soon so that I can finally unwind in the forest.

Hell, I'll come back just for the Bloody Bee Stings and the people watching from the Jerusalem!  ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

I have no idea about the Bloody Bee Stings. I'll have to look into this when I get some time off. But yes, the Jerusalem is awesome. Good entertainment, and great place to just sit. Though, the faire is filled with great places to sit and watch the people go by.
Lover of Lady Kitara

RenStarr

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on March 02, 2020, 06:53:10 AM
Wow!  What a weekend.  The weather was almost ideal.  StudMuffin and I had a great time.  Finally met Merlin the Elder in person.  Saw RennStar, Jess & Fraser and too many others to mention. 
Sorry you missed it KP.
HAZZAH to Queen Bonnie!

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 02, 2020, 07:20:52 AM
HAD A FREAKING BLAST!!
I loved the fact that we outnumbered them...more garbed people than Danes.  The rustic feel...clean but not completely tame...dappled sunshine coming through the trees...the seemingly random pathways...

Seeing lots of faces that I knew...almost like the old days at TRF...walk fifty to a hundred steps and run into someone you know.  The Jerusalem Pub had the feel of the Sea Devil, 15 years ago, before the stages and decks....and the Bloody Bee Stings.

Teach, Trinn, Renstar, Keeper, Breandan, Lindsey...and even if it was only for a brief minute, MERLIN!! Been talking to the man for years but this was the first time we had the chance to lock arms and exchange some banter, face to face.  It was an honor, Sir to finally meet you and your wonderful wife.

Lady Jess and I are already plotting for next year...making a whole weekend of it. ;D

*And lets not forget Queen Bonnie!  She remember the Scarby Rendezvous and the Rusty Nails that messed me up so bad.*

The weather was great, the company was better!!  It was great seeing the usual suspects that hang out at Sherwood and some faces that I don't usually see there.  It was good chatting you with you as usual Keeper.  Finally saw Fraser in the Forest with Jess, caught up with Merlin and his Bride, and saw Tommy Wilson.  And the PR folks that I always enjoy seeing:  Teach & Trinn, Brandon, Rob Morton, Andrew Minchew, Remy & Jessica, Mongo & Roadkill, Jeremy & Sarit, & Moondog and his bride!!  It was a great day!!
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: RenStarr on March 02, 2020, 12:41:23 PM
Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on March 02, 2020, 06:53:10 AM
Sorry you missed it KP.
HAZZAH to Queen Bonnie!

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 02, 2020, 07:20:52 AM
HAD A FREAKING BLAST!!

The weather was great, the company was better!!  It was great seeing the usual suspects that hang out at Sherwood and some faces that I don't usually see there.  It was good chatting you with you as usual Keeper.  Finally saw Fraser in the Forest with Jess, caught up with Merlin and his Bride, and saw Tommy Wilson.  And the PR folks that I always enjoy seeing:  Teach & Trinn, Brandon, Rob Morton, Andrew Minchew, Remy & Jessica, Mongo & Roadkill, Jeremy & Sarit, & Moondog and his bride!!  It was a great day!!

Now that you filled out the rest of my list of people seen... ;D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Merlin the Elder

Laird Fraser, you weren't nearly as scary-looking as RenStarr said you were...  The Bride and I certainly enjoyed seeing you finally. I'd tell you to stay out of trouble, but I'm not delusional. Perhaps we'll see you again next year.

Finally also met Keeper after all these years. Damn, Fraser! What did you and Teach do to him?!?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...