News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2018 Update?

Started by Craigmeister, August 18, 2018, 01:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I thought I was going to be able to make it to CORF this year but couldn't.  How was it?  Was there a lot of smoke from wildfires?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Renee Buchanan

We visited from Illinois, the first time there.  We went in July, no smoke when we were there.  It was a nice faire, with good entertainment.  Oh, those hills though!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

Uphill coming and going. Did you get to the cat show? That's our favourite. We were there for our second visit in June of last year. Record hot, I think.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Renee Buchanan

We were amazed at the cat show.  First time we've seen anything like that at a faire.  It was hot, but we are used to Bristol's heat and humidity, so this wasn't too bad.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Merlin the Elder

Kinda the same for us attending the Texas faires, though this years opening day at Scarby was the coldest day at at faire for us EVER. When we got back to the hotel that afternoon, the wind-chill was up — UP — to 24°.

Part of our plan for our trip to Colorado last year was to enjoy cooler temperatures. Arkansas was cooler that week, though more humid. Since my heart attack, high temps — even with low humidity — have a more pronounced effect on me.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Merlin, the entire week we were in Colorado, the temperature was 100 degrees or above.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Merlin the Elder

It was a mere 95° for our visit.  ...and they say there is no climate change...

Lady Renee Buchanan

On the Sunday we were at Sherwood Forest in April, we didn't wear garb.  I actually wore jeans, socks and sneakers, and my down winter jacket (for winter in Illinois).  It was absolutely freezing.  We left on Monday for Port Aransas and spent 3 days at the beach in 85 degree weather.   Then on to Scarby, and we had beautiful 75 degree weather with a nice breeze.  All within a week.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Merlin the Elder

When you were at Sherwood, we were at Scarby. Unbelievable weather Saturday, but by Sunday about noon, it was fine.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

yep, Scarby was a bit on the chilly side.  We were at Sherwood the weekend before and the weather was perfect

Always remember what the Duke of Norfolk says - "no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate garb"   ;)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell