News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2018 gate count

Started by Trillium, October 27, 2018, 05:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

Since the beefeaters site is no longer active, does anyone know if there is a place to see attendance for the season? I know last year was lower due to Harvey and was curious if it is better this year.  Many small businesses are still hurting and wondered if there was a noticeable change with TRF.
Got faerie dust?

Sir Martin

Hi Trill ... I was wondering that, myself.  I have seen the counts for a couple of the weekends on FB, and they were not as high as previous years, but there have been a couple days that were a bit wet and may have discouraged some folks.  Do you know why the Beefeaters site is no longer up?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

The Captain of the Beefeaters retired as says that he has no inclination to keep the site running.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Sir Martin

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on November 09, 2018, 09:16:33 AM
The Captain of the Beefeaters retired as says that he has no inclination to keep the site running.

Dang ... loved that site.

Lady Abigail

I read on line from the Houston Chronicle the attendance was 655,111 people this year. ;D
Lady Abigail
Member Clan McGeroge

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Lady Abigail on November 27, 2018, 03:36:03 PM
I read on line from the Houston Chronicle the attendance was 655,111 people this year. ;D

Hmmm...seems kind of high, considering insiders say business was very slow, this season.

Of course, who's actually reporting the numbers to the Chronicle...

*Just sayin*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Sir Martin

I see what you mean, Fraser.  I was there for Celtic Christmas weekend.  There was a good crowd on Saturday, but I've seen much larger.  At the Pub Sing on the last Saturday, Captain Basil Drake said it was the largest crowd of the year, but there was still plenty of room for people to walk around and the beer lines were not as long as usual.  If the attendance was over 655k, it can likely be attributed to the extra weekend.