News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarborough 2019 Countdown!

Started by Merlin the Elder, February 21, 2019, 12:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Ready to return again to the days of yesteryear! No, it's not the Lone Ranger.

It is 43 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes until Opening Cannon 2019!

We will be there... anyone else?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

The Lone Ranger had the "thrilling days of yesteryear," didn't he? I guess you could call this the thrilling days of coming year... ;)

Merlin the Elder

34 days, 18 hours until opening cannon!!

It appears that we will have some old R/Fers coming in... Lord Gauwyn and Lady Adelay, Molden, Blossom...

Merlin the Elder

31 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes remain before the gates are thrown wide again!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

True, that!  The Duke & Duchess from CoRF will be in attendance!

Merlin the Elder

28 days, 15 hours, and 6 minutes until tailgate begins (give or take an hour!) for the opening of Scarborough Renaissance Festival 2019.

Looking forward to seeing Scarborough friends as well as friends from other faires in the country! Molden from North Carolina RF, His Grace Thomas Howard and the Duchess from Colorado RF, Lord Gauwyn and Lady Adelay from Iowa RF. I am REALLY excited this year! Hell's bells... I'm excited every year. 

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I have just recently researched Scarborough faire and I must say I am very impressed. I am a bit disappointed at seeing how far it is from where I live. But seems more than worth the drive time . I just want to get out and mingle with other Renfriends. I will most likely be on a shoestring budget. I'm assuming some sort of hotel arragements are reasonable and close to the fair groungs. I missed tex renfest as I had to work but otr scarby faire I hope to negotiate with my employer to give me a long weekend.
Any questions or suggestions about scarby would be greatly appreciated.
   I thank thee for time spent reading this post and hopefully have some awesome advice.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lord Argyl of Lochdubh on March 17, 2019, 02:36:03 AM
I have just recently researched Scarborough faire and I must say I am very impressed. I am a bit disappointed at seeing how far it is from where I live. But seems more than worth the drive time . I just want to get out and mingle with other Renfriends. I will most likely be on a shoestring budget. I'm assuming some sort of hotel arragements are reasonable and close to the fair groungs. I missed tex renfest as I had to work but otr scarby faire I hope to negotiate with my employer to give me a long weekend.
Any questions or suggestions about scarby would be greatly appreciated.
   I thank thee for time spent reading this post and hopefully have some awesome advice.

We live in NW Illinois and have flown once and driven once to go to this great faire.  It's definitely worth it!  We spend most of our time at faire watching the musical acts, and they are fantastic at Scarby.  Don't miss Rambling Sailors.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

KeeperoftheBar

StudMuffin and I will be visiting Scarborough opening weekend (weather permitting).  It has been too long since we last visited.  If you see us rolling by, give out a shout.  I always love to stop and chat with people from here.   I'm hoping to meet up with Merlin the Elder as we have chatted for so many years without meeting in person.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on March 18, 2019, 10:21:19 AM
StudMuffin and I will be visiting Scarborough opening weekend (weather permitting).  It has been too long since we last visited.  If you see us rolling by, give out a shout.  I always love to stop and chat with people from here.   I'm hoping to meet up with Merlin the Elder as we have chatted for so many years without meeting in person.

*Run his foot over for me  ;D*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 19, 2019, 07:55:24 AM

I Don't know.  I did that to Redbeard in the SeaDevil this year and he wasn't terribly pleased. 
I'd hate to end up as a frog from Merlin's ire.
Maybe I'll try and accuse someone else of doing it...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

RefMom3

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on March 20, 2019, 07:26:44 AM

I Don't know.  I did that to Redbeard in the SeaDevil this year and he wasn't terribly pleased. 

Don't worry; I'm sure he's not reading any of this.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: RefMom3 on March 20, 2019, 11:49:23 AM

Wanna bet?

Keeper, I will CERTAINLY stop and say hello! Laird Fraser should come up for opening as well, and I shall run over him in Homer, the Odyssey.

Lord Argyl, there are several hotels of various costs in Waxahachie, but pick a weekend and get a reservation! The hotel that some of us are in for opening has already filled. Rates vary by weekend because of a variety of things in the area. You can stay a little further north and still not have a long drive, although I'm not sure of how much construction there is going on along I-35E at the moment. We have stayed in DeSoto before, and it's 20-25 minutes away I think.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: RefMom3 on March 20, 2019, 11:49:23 AM

I like playing "Poke the wizard"...all kinds of interesting things can happen.

Just read the saying under my avatar. 

That's a quote from an ancestor of mine...Simon "The Fox" Fraser...the last Peer beheaded in the UK... :o

Irritating people seems to run in my family's blood.  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God