News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2019-2020

Started by Ice Mage, July 18, 2019, 09:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Mage

I know 2019 is nearly over, and there is not likely enough time to put an Event Together.  But This was an amazing event, and it can be again.  Who would be interested in seeing RenDezvous return for say the 2020 season?  I would be honored to help plan it, if there is an interest.  I know we have yet to do my Home Festival in Huntersville NC.  The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a site built fair, and grows each year.  Would love to see us all get together once more, and breathe life into RF.com once more.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Merlin the Elder

Since RenDezvous died on the vine, I think it is up to us to make it happen again. We enjoyed RenDezvous at CRF... that was what year? 2010?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Lady Renee Buchanan

Setting  up a Rendezvous isn't too hard.  You have to pick a hotel near the faire and see if you can block some rooms for the weekend you've chosen.  Then you have to find a place for the Meet and Greet on Friday and a restaurant for the Saturday night dinner (buffets are popular).  That's pretty much it.

Some people want to do more.  Some arrange for morning tailgates, if the faire allows it.  Usually, the local people provide the munchies and drinks.  Other Rendezvous have been offered an invitation to march in the parade.  Some faires have set up a special tent in the grounds for the members to relax and get to know other RF members.  Another faire's merchants donated prizes for a free drawing.

The organizer may want to check with the faire before choosing a weekend to find out if there is a themed weekend that would be good for the group to attend, or if there's any special entertainment that would be a big draw.

It's up to the organizer as to how elaborate or simple they want to make it.  But if you're looking at 2020, I'd choose a date within the next couple of months.  Sometimes people have to choose their entire year's vacation at one shot at the end of this year or the very beginning of next year.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ice Mage

My thoughts exactly.  Start planning now, so we can make it something special.  I would be happy to take the reigns and make it happen.  But I would like to get a feel for how many might actually be interested.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

anne of oaktower

Ooooooo....I'm so glad I popped in! I never had the chance to make it to a RenDezvous, but would love to join in. I'm going to Great Lakes Medieval Faire (Ohio) this weekend, and Pittsburgh starts this weekend, as well...I'll be sure to tell everyone that it's time to give up on that stupid Book of Faces and scurry back home here!  :D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Renee Buchanan

Organizers take note:

Before you pick a weekend, check with the local Chamber of Commerce or Visitors Bureau to see if the area has any conventions or big groups going on.  When I had to arrange a group coming to Bristol, I didn't do that, much to my dismay.  The same weekend, Milwaukee had the 100th celebration for Harley Davidson, and hotels were booked all the way down to Chicago, with the Bristol hotels being right in the middle of that.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich