News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Burn Ban

Started by jrcoolt, September 16, 2019, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrcoolt

Y'all think well get enough rain this week for them to lift the burn ban? I know we have a couple weeks until opening cannon, but it worries me there will be no camp fires allowed.  :(

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I've heard anywhere from 2" to 8".

As long as Grimes county just gets the low end, the ban should be lifted...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

UPDATE

NWS is calling for 10"+ in some areas...Southern Grimes county looks to be in the 2-4 inch range, which tells me that they could get sprinkles or turd floating gully washers for the next four days...

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

jrcoolt

Lets hope they get enough to lift the ban. I need my camp fires  :'(

Trillium

Wow, we've gone from tropical disturbance to tropical depression to tropical storm in about an hour.. Fun, fun, fun...  I think we will get plenty of rain to lift burn bans in the area. Stay safe out there!
Got faerie dust?

jrcoolt

Yeah, its crazy how fast it escalated. I feel bad about being selfish about the possibility of not having a camp fire. I hope y'all stay safe and dry!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Southern Grimes county may have only gotten a half an inch, yesterday, but radar is showing multiple thunderstorms developing over TRF as I type this.

Should be enough to break the ban, in the Faire area...
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Blood Raven

What was the outcome? Burn ban lifted?
We are the ones of the Night

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Blood Raven on September 23, 2019, 01:28:01 PM
What was the outcome? Burn ban lifted?

Not yet, as far as I know but we're due some more showers over the next ten days.

*I just checked, the Burn Ban, is in effect for everywhere south of 105, in Grimes.* :(
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

mpullen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

jrcoolt

We're any of y'all camping out there this weekend? If so, what was the camp fire policy looking like? We're they allowing fires with restrictions? I plan on going next weekend.

Trillium

From what i read on FB, there is a burn ban but fires will still be allowed. Must be off the ground, covered, and monitored at all times.
Got faerie dust?