News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF postponed again

Started by Pirateleach, August 05, 2020, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirateleach

From the Website:

The Georgia Renaissance Festival announces we are postponing our 2020 season until Spring of 2021.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 affecting the nation, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the Festival until 2021
when we can offer our guests and participants a safe and healthy experience.
If you have purchased tickets to the 2020 Season, your tickets will be valid for 2021, and we are giving you one FREE ticket* for every ticket you have purchased! You will receive an email with more information in the coming weeks. Free tickets are good for any Festival day in 2021.
Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

KiltedPrivateer

LOL
I can't remember ever saying to myself, "Self, Let's go to the renaissance festival, because it will be a "safe" and "healthy" experience." Can't ever recall a season of faire where some member of the cast wasn't tormented by the plague (or consumption) during the run.

Oh well. Tis the world we live in now.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Pirateleach

It is a shame, I was looking forward to having a fall festival again. I fondly recall back when we had a spring and a fall show back in days of Old Site and early days of New (current) Site.

Even more vexing as we had a nice cool spring lasting what would have been the entire 8 week run and looks like we are going to have a cool Autumn as well.

Most of the year here in Georgia we swim through Hot Soup.

Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

KiltedPrivateer

Very similar to Houston. Which why, same as you, our big faires focus on Fall, Winter and Spring.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara