NorthEast > Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

PaRenFaire Update III

<< < (2/2)

Merlin the Elder:
It will certainly be interesting to see if the cost of opening will be worth it. Lower attendance will certainly mean lower revenues for both the faires and the vendors. I don't know if the faires are adjusting fees for vendors or making any other allowances. For those who rely on faires for their livelihood, this year has been disastrous.

BubbleWright:
PARF is only one of the businesses run by the owner in the Lancaster area. There is the Divine Swine Restaurant, Mt. Hope Winery, Wine Gallery & Craft Brewery, Swash Buckler Brewing, and Spirits Distillery. So opening the Faire is only additional income for the enterprise. I would assume they calculated their expenses versus anticipated income and juggled things to make it work. From what I've read on FaceBook the cast of only 10 actors has done a phenomenal job.

KiltedPrivateer:
I might be talking out my @$$ a little bit, but for some reason my brain tells me that I read somewhere that TRF did make adjustments for the vendors this year. But, I don't recall exactly what those adjustments are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version