News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What If Every Faire Had A Talking Gargoyle?

Started by BubbleWright, November 05, 2020, 11:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Last year when the Denver Airport was doing renovations it had some fun poking fun at itself. Apparently the airport is a hub for conspiracy folk who think it is part of a government conspiracy. Besides strange posters, murals, & statues, it had a talking animatronic gargoyle. The facial features perfectly fitted the chatter the gargoyle used to converse with passers-by. Obviously the operator/voice person was in a remote location but could see the person he was engaging in conversation, probably via a camera in the front of the gargoyle's  pillar. Whoever was doing the talking was very knowledgeable and had excellent comedic wordplay. In this time of Covid such a gargoyle would be a great way for an actor to interact with the public. Take a look for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVOtx7Blfk
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

That was pretty neat. I agree a talking gargoyle would be a good way to interact with the public .
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

RefMom3

This was wonderful ;) Imagine what that man gets to list as "occupation," ;)
The Castle in Muskogee has a gargoyle, tucked away in an alcove. I imagine some clever folks could adapt it.

Craigmeister

RefMom, please refresh my memory.  Where is the alcove in Castleton that holds a gargoyle?  Is it in the castle itself or one of the smaller buildings on the ground?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

It's outside, in a sort of alcove area. I'm sorry I don't know where, but I don't pay much attention to where I am when at a faire; I just keep following the lanes, around and around. I found a picture I have, but I'm having a lot of trouble posting it. I'll keep trying.

Craigmeister

Gotcha'.  I don't think it's in the background of any of the pics I have from Castleton.  Maybe it's in an area around the water wheel or along the lane that goes down the back side of the jousting arena.  While the water wheel is a nice touch, it's not in a very photogenic spot.  I'll ask my niece if she knows where it is.  She has a keen memory and pays close attention to detail.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

I still can't get a photo uploaded; not sure what I'm doing wrong. I want to say the gargoyle wasn't by the jousting area, or the Italian area, or anywhere in that direction. I want to say it was near a picnic area; maybe where the pub sing is near the end of the afternoon. I could also be completely wrong, as I have the sense of direction of a piece of wet string  ::)