The Squire's Tavern > Squire's Tavern

New Video Techniques At Faires in 2021

(1/1)

Craigmeister:
This year, I'm going to try new approaches when making videos of some of the Renfaires that I visit.  I learned long ago to pan my camera around  S - L - O - W - L - Y  so anyone watching the playback of it won't get motion sickness.  I know it bothers many people to watch videos with the camera spinning around quickly or when someone is carrying a camera and the video is bouncing around much of the time.  That includes me.  I cannot watch about 75% of the faire videos on YouTube because they make me nauseous.  (I can't play first-person shooter video games either.)

My wife learned moving-making in school and was giving me tips today at lunch.  I'm going to also try new camera angles, include short interviews in my videos and different types of music.  I'll post my videos on my website and hope to have the first one done before the end of March but it will be a busy month.  There are lots of good faire videos on YT so I need to "up my game".

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh:
I for one look forward to your videos . You are certainly a good archer so I'm sure your video will be great. can't hardly wait ....

Craigmeister:
Even though Queensferry is a growing Renfest, they didn't have any combat groups so the only videos I took were of musicians.  I'll have to start my new video approach at the Oklahoma Renfest in several weeks.

In the meantime, here are the photos I took last weekend in Vinita:  https://www.facebook.com/meisters.realm.3/posts/785807319028000?notif_id=1616857871656108&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh:
Enjoyed seeing your photos .... thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version