News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mid America Festivals Shuttered Venue Grant

Started by groomporter, July 16, 2021, 07:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

It seems that Mid America Festivals is getting $8.8 million from the Shuttered Venues Operator's Grant program. I'm assuming that's for MNRF, MIRF & KCRF since they were all closed. I wonder how much of that might just go towards paying their lease(s).

The source is the downloadable spreadsheet here. Search for "Mid America"
https://data.sba.gov/dataset/svog/resource/33270c2a-f1c5-4dcb-bc98-aedcaec19ef3
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I know this is a vague question but how much are leases??
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

groomporter

Quote from: Lord Argyl of Lochdubh on July 17, 2021, 12:45:45 AM
I know this is a vague question but how much are leases??

No idea, and haven't heard if they had to pay their full amount for last year in spite of being closed. But MNRF has said that they have had to pay a higher amount in order to get the lease extended since they announced the need to eventually have to move the site.

The disturbing thing is that multiple sources have said that before this grant came through for them they had been offering big name acts at MNRF and MIRF reduced contracts that are on a tiered scale. -As much as 50% less than 2019, but 100% if the attendance is over a certain figure. That seems to suggest they may have been in deep financial trouble before getting this grant.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?