News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Convenient Faire Advertising Tip

Started by Craigmeister, October 15, 2021, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Here's an advertising tip for Renfaire Organizers:  It's getting to be that time of year.  If you want to get exposure to non-Rennies, enter a troupe and/or float in some nearby Christmas parades.  This would be more helpful, I imagine, for those who hold faires in the springtime but some people have long memories.

If you have a presence of different types of personas, you would appeal to more kinds of people.  I guess pirates celebrate Christmas.  I'm sure that Crusading knights do.  Some archers do for sure.  Do you have a flute or guitar player that can play carols?

You could also hand out flyers along the parade route.  Don't bother with business cards.  People stick them in their wallet then a drawer somewhere for a few years.  Patrons need something to take up some bulk in their pocket or purse.

This will give you a good excuse to garb up.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.