News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Promoting These Forums

Started by Craigmeister, January 03, 2022, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

This winter, I'm going to create some more Ren-themed Public Service Announcements and do some Book of Faces live sessions.  A focus for a PSA and a "live" will be these Forums.  I've seen lots of people get fed up with the BoF the last several years.  I think it was the cause of a lot of people to quit frequenting these good pages.  There are so many social media options now that people are scattering.  I'm told that lots of young people don't even use BoF.

If all of us make a post somewhere or send out a blanket e-mail telling our friends and family about the Forums, I'm sure that the Renfaire-specific topics would lure old and new participants alike.  I have enjoyed getting to see and participate in detailed discussions here about certain events going on across the country.

This is a great resource!  It is a good rat-race escape where one can stay on a topic without seeing what someone cooked for dinner or read about someone's relationship status.  I would like to see it thrive like never before.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I for one support you completely . I very much enjoy and appreciate your psa's . I look forward to what you have coming next. Best wishes my friend .... Huzzah
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Craigmeister

As promised, here is my video promoting these wonderful Forums.  I hope it does wonders to bring people to this wonderful window into a fun world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7lSmQtfNWc
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

that was a great video you made. Let's hope many see it and join up.

Sir Martin

Excellent video, Craigmeister!

Craigmeister

Grammercy, gentlemen.  I hope many more people join the Forums as well.  I will be promoting them again this summer when I post a Book of Faces Live video.

FortuneRose

May I suggest creating a video for TikTok?  It would seem currently that is a huge social platform and there are many people on there who are interested in renaissance festivals but are not an organized group, necessarily.  These boards used to be so fun many years back and now they are so deserted.  My thinking is that more people would see a video on TikTok, especially if it gets some traction to get on the main FYP
LLVW

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I think a tik tok video would be a great idea

Craigmeister

I have never done anything on TT.  If anyone would like to transfer my video there, please feel free to do so.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with my website, the book of faces, being the most active member of my HOA and the rest of my personal life.  I got volunteered to join the board of a nearby Renfest this year as well.

Craigmeister

Good day.  My latest PSA is a request for Renfaire boards and owners to provide a history of how their event started and has developed over the years.  Someone on these Forums requested this topic but I can't find their post.  It is an excellent topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvOvQBBjUI