News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Live Animals This Year At CORF?

Started by Craigmeister, July 06, 2022, 12:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I thought I read somewhere that having live animals at events would be outlawed in Colorado soon.  Are there elephants, camels or tigers this year at Larkspur?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

I believe that new law has taken effect, and the animals are no longer at CoRF. The cats show was one of our favourite shows, and it was always SRO.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

That stinks.  As if there were no animals used for entertainment anywhere in Medieval or Renaissance tymes.

I don't know if Oklahoma has enacted such a law yet but I noticed at the OK Renfest this spring that the camel rides were replaced by a few guys who were pushing people around on a big merry-go-round.

Bob Aanonsen runs a bird of prey show here.  He was asking people at the Queensferry Renfest in March to contact their state representatives to ask them to not vote for such a bill in Oklahoma but I don't know if the vote has happened yet.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.