News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Day of Wrong?

Started by Taffy Saltwater, August 12, 2008, 08:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Randall

Hey, we get ALL types down here.
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Captain Kilian

The Knight to say Ni is the winner for me - guess it's not 'wrong' but OMG funny
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Baldr

Blue,
We shall certainly see thee at the dragonlords castle. Lord Kilber has agreed to outfit Baldr with new wears this year.
Baldr The Barbarian

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Baldr on August 22, 2008, 03:14:24 PM
Blue,
We shall certainly see thee at the dragonlords castle. Lord Kilber has agreed to outfit Baldr with new wears this year.

Oh, Great Warrior from The North Baldr,

When you have received your new armor from DragonLord K'Zar, I must insist you come visit me across the way at the Pirate ship so we can outfit you with appropriate new weapons to suit such wonderous armor.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Lord Duelist

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on August 12, 2008, 09:15:39 PM
A day on which one could wear one's Imperial Stormtrooper getup and be just fine.  If it would be appalling otherwise, it's perfect for the DoW.

I know this reply is a bit late... but it reminds me of one of the funnier moments from my Thanksgiving Friday visit last year, when The Other Brothers (the first show I saw that day) cracked a joke about it.

Are there in fact faires where Stormtrooper/Star Trek/etc garb will get one turned around at the gate?

LadyJessica

Quote from: Tudor-Diva on August 15, 2008, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Pat McGroin on August 13, 2008, 11:38:03 AM
Someone told me (I think it was year before last) that the stromtroopers were officers.
Not sure but thats what I was told.

They are not.  There are police officers in full uniform around the site.  They are not in costume.

A few of the stormtroopers are cops...they're just not on duty. (Just to clarify)
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

JackGonzo, MD

It's only the Holodeck if they're NG, some of us rock it OG
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Riot

Quote from: LadyJessica on October 05, 2008, 10:36:38 PM
Quote from: Tudor-Diva on August 15, 2008, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Pat McGroin on August 13, 2008, 11:38:03 AM
Someone told me (I think it was year before last) that the stromtroopers were officers.
Not sure but thats what I was told.

They are not.  There are police officers in full uniform around the site.  They are not in costume.

A few of the stormtroopers are cops...they're just not on duty. (Just to clarify)

I know one of the people who dress up in the stormtrooper uniforms and Lady Jessica is right, a few of them are cops in their dane lifes, they are just not on duty.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Captain Kilian

Not like you gotta worry about them...just wave slowly in front of them and state "These are not the Pirates/wenches/scotts/otherwise drunks you are looking for." Solves everything. Works better if you got a monk in a robe to do it.
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Lady Laura

Quote from: Molden on August 15, 2008, 10:50:41 AM
I think there used to be an informal "Gawdawful" day which was the Sunday of closing weekend....

I love Halloween when all the girlies show up in fantasy *yes THAT kind of fantasy* wear and stilletoes. RRRrrrrrRRRRR!!!! *unrepentant leg man here*

I didn't even have to look at the name on the post to know it was you, you scoundrel!  Can't wait to see ya!
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester