News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's time to get scary!

Started by Zoë, August 12, 2008, 02:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Going to work can be scary...we think that's what makes it fun!

Elitch Gardens is seeking haunted house actors, zombies, and the undead for our Fright Fest attractions on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October. 

Auditions will be held at the Elitch Gardens Human Resources building sometime in September.

To get your name put on the call for auditions list, please call the Entertainment office of Eric Guetterman (that's pronounced Goo-ter-man) at 303-595-4386 ext. 231.

Don't miss your chance to scare people and get paid doing it!

That's the official release from Elitches, where I worked all summer...they asked me to pass around the word to all the ren faire people in the hopes that they might get people to audition.  This is for their feature attraction "Brutal Planet," which was voted as the 2nd Best Haunted House in Denver last season.  We put on a phenomenal show.  I'll be there this year, as will Mattrim, and hopefully Sean Daniels as well.  Please note that they prefer to get people who are above the age of 18 because of labor laws and all that fun stuff.  The Human Resources department building, by the way, is just under the Colfax bridge off of I-25 and is right next door to Invesco Field.  It is a GREAT time, weekends and Fridays for only the month of October, and I can't tell you how much fun it is.  You get all your makeup and costumes provided, and if they do it the same as last year, you get one free meal a day while you're there.  Typical hours are 3pm to 11pm, depending on how long the line is outside.  The best part is, the haunted house is INSIDE, so you don't have to worry about being out in the cold.  Oh yeah--and you get paid for it, this is not a volunteer house.  So I suppose that's even better.  :)  If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask me. 

If you do end up auditioning, tell them you're from the ren faire and that Stephanie Zayatz (that's me) sent you.  I think they're looking to find out just how many people they can get from the ren faire to come. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Ginger

I wanted to do this really bad, but I will be working  on our schools musical :/ sorry!
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Zoë

Bummer!

And also, if it is easier for anyone, you can now go to elitchgardens.com and click on the 'We're Hiring' button, then select the job application for "Haunted House Performer."  That's a sure-fire way to make sure you get on the list for auditions.  They have selected dates for auditions, they appear to be weekends starting August 30 and running through September 21. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mattrim

I cant wait.  I will be there. 

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I think this would be fun to do, but my schedule prevents it. I work in Boulder until 4:30/5pm M-F and live in Loveland which is a good hours drive home on a good night. With gas prices as they are it also does not help.

Have fun haunting
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Maybe you can come down one night just to go through the haunt anyway.  I have a bunch of free tickets to the park that I earned from working there all summer that I can give out.  (Where they are at the moment, I have no idea, as they appear to have gotten shuffled inside something during my move this week whoops.)  That's the only stupid thing about the Elitches haunt; you have to buy a regular ticket to the park just to go in to the haunt.  It's silly. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

I'd love to come down just to visit, though I don't intend for it to be tooo scary.

Do the patrons dress up?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Blushing

It might be fun to visit ... it's not tooooo scary is it?
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

Well, I'm honestly not one to judge on scariness because 1) I'm seeing it from one point of view and 2) I'm a complete scaredy cat.  All things considered I probably wouldn't go on my own, because I'm terrified of such things, haha.  I would probably say that the house is super scary, but then that's just me haha.  But we did get ranked number 2 out of all the haunted houses in the Denver area last year, so I think we're pretty good.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The scaroer the BETTER for me. I love a good haunting to make me Screaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm! On my own, or in a group, I don't care, just as long as it will scare my socks off.

I'm sure if Toki and I had a free pass, we'd be there, at least I would be  ;D
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

I'll see if I can find them for you!

It's pretty weird actually, but I love scaring the bujeezus out of someone, and I'm sure Mattrim knows exactly what I mean.  I have to laugh when people run into the door at the end of my room in their haste to get away from me.  Buahahaha!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Toki says if we don't have to pay $25 for a haunted house we would go to them, but sadly, most charge an outlandish or should I say GOULISH fee to go through a 30 minute haunt. If they are cheap.. or better yet free? He's all over it, and I have to agree.

Maybe we can be frightened by you AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
"The Metal Maiden"

Zoë

These would of course be free.  :)  It gets you into the park for free (usually $34.99) but you do have to pay for parking ($10) and I believe it's an additional 5 bucks to actually get into the haunt.  So, I suppose it's not a bad deal.  Our haunt is really long, or at least it was last year.  So I will try my best to find those for you.  I have to get rid of them sometime; they're only good for the 2008 season.

And on that note, if anyone else is interested in discount tickets to the park, I can get them to you for $20.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Avan

I would love to have a pair of tickets to come down and get all scared like.    When does the Haunted house open and hopefully its open late so its dark outside too.

Mattrim

Ah yes... Many times I've scared people who turned around and ran into the people following them  then they run the other way.  The resulting pile up is hilarious.  There have been people come back to me and shake my hand for being the first to scare them in 10 years.  We also have a bounty in our house for the first actor to make someone lose control of their bodily functions.  yes I've won. 

The house stops letting people in line at 9 pm,  then goes till every one is through.  has gone till 11 or midnight before.  usually about 10 tho.  Oh and patrons are allowed and encouraged to dress up.  Come as a pirate, a zombie.....  a pirate zombie..........