News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Second Annual Buccaneer Bash! Talk Like a Pirate Day Party!

Started by CapnJack, August 18, 2008, 03:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnJack

Heh, I hear ya'.

And I'd just like to remind everybody one more time to pre-register, if they haven't already!  Not only does it save you some green, but it also helps is estimate the total number of guests attending the party!

Thanks!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

a_chromatic_sea

Also... just as an FYI to people who've already registered and bought a ticket...

You don't actually get a physical ticket in the mail. There's a list at the door that your name is on, so don't worry about getting an actual ticket, despite what Google shopping thingie tells you!

I'm so looking forward to this. It's gonna be ridiculous!

Ginger

I actually don't think I'll be able to make it, auditions are killing me, all I do is read plays, sing, and nap (because I just fall asleep at random points of the day) in my free time, which is a very small amount of time. Sorry, I'll miss everyone :(
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Demetrius

We plan to be there! I guess we can talk about Ginger now and she'll never find out.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Tanda

I will be there. Just ordered my tickets and fixed my work schedule. I'll be Light Railing it from Nine-mile if anyone wants to be piratey on the train with me ;)
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Demetrius

Quote from: CapnJack on September 02, 2008, 03:30:12 PM
Heh, I hear ya'.

And I'd just like to remind everybody one more time to pre-register, if they haven't already!  Not only does it save you some green, but it also helps is estimate the total number of guests attending the party!

Thanks!

We plan to pre-register on Monday, as per the instructions set forth by the grand-poohbah who lives next door.

One question I have- will I be able to use the name Captain Huzzah!? (I just want all these pirates to greet me warmly)

Ginger

Quote from: Demetrius on September 09, 2008, 10:09:47 AM
We plan to be there! I guess we can talk about Ginger now and she'll never find out.

Says you! I'll have spies so watch what you say  ;)
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Mistress Charlotte

ah maaaaannnnn...... I feel so left out....  Have fun everyone
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Demetrius

Quote from: Ginger on September 10, 2008, 11:12:54 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on September 09, 2008, 10:09:47 AM

Says you! I'll have spies so watch what you say  ;)

Okay, so we'll pretend like we are talking about Mistress Charlotte when we are really talking about Ginger- and those spies will never know! Besides, no one knows what Captain Huzzah looks like... we do wish we could see both of you there.

CapnJack

I totally wish you were both going to be there.

As for Captain Huzzah, of course you can be Captain Huzzah!  In fact, that just might be the greatest pirate name ever.

Oh, and remember everybody, pre-registration is only open until the 17th!  That's only six days away!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Demetrius

Okay, we are pre-registrated. I thought it said "Talk to a Pirate day..." Hmmm.... see you all there!

Zoë

"Talk To a Pirate Day" is something else entirely.  Are you sure you're headed to the right event?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

We'll if we go down the street to the end, then go right, or was that left? Then follow that street until we go past those lights, hmmm... well, if we just drive around for awhile we're bound to find it- oh look, there it is! Sante Fe here we come!!!!

CapnJack

Wait, Santa Fe!  That's in New Mexico!  This thing's in Denver, which is in Colorado!  And... well... aren't all of these places landlocked?  We are such bad pirates...

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Why couldn't this have been schedule more northly say Loveland, Ft Collins, maybe even Greeley... Nah on Greeley.

You Denver people have all the fun events... and C-Springs.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e