News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

heartbroken

Started by Lady_Glorianna, August 20, 2008, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

I know I only saw you from afar this weekend and apologise for not making it over to give you a big bear hug. I promise to catch you this week. Much love to you and Ron. Let us know if you need anything.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

irish

I shall keep you in my thoughts and pray for you both.
Sending a great many Angels to watch over you both!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady_Glorianna

As per his wishes, I have been working at the renaissance festival without him with the exception of today. He never asked me to stay home but by the way he was saying things and his body language I could tell he wanted me to stay. A lot of people at the festival (co-workers and faire goers) know about him and have told me that they are praying for us, that they are there for us and that if I need anything just to ask but what I want nobody can give, I need my husband. I need him. Some have asked if I am prepared for what is to come, to which I answer no. Can you be prepared for this? How can you be totally prepared for losing the best person to have come into your life aside from your parents? How do prepare for the loss of your husband and best friend, for the person that knows you better that anyone? When asking some how to describe my husband, I keep getting remarks referencing his love and devotion to me or how close we are. Chemo is not working. He spends most of the time in bed and in pain. I am crying every day at least once and he does too almost every day too saying he doesn't want to die and that he doesn't want to leave me. We see the doctor this week and I know he is going to ask  about the final process because in his own words he doesn't know if he has days, weeks or even months but he sure as h*** knows he doesn't have years. As I was writing this he came into the room and we ended up crying together. I cannot mask my feelings or lie to him, he know me too well. He doesn't want to go but I know is more for me than for himself. I know when he goes he will not suffer anymore and he will be ok, I know I have to let him go,  I just don't know if or how well I will manage....
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady Nicolette

I am so sorry, Lady Glorianna.  It's heartbreaking to even think of what you are going through.   My thoughts are with you both in this most difficult time.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

lordwriothsley

I'll second Lady Nicolette on that as well.Lady Gloriana I to am so sorry that you are having to go through this right now and you are right that no one can really ever prepare for the loss of a loved one especially the one you love the most.I will say lots and lots of prayers for you and Sir Dragon both and know that I am always here for you if you need a friend or someone to talk to.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Jai

Lady Glorianna, it was a pleasure meeting you this weekend.  I so wish that there was a way to take your pain away.  She seem to be one of the sweetest people that I have met and it was a honor to spend a few moments of time with you.  TimT and I are praying for a different outcome but also for strength for you to be able to handle what my come.

As someone who has lost their mother to cancer when I was only 20 and am watching TimT's sister fight to get in remission, I can tell you that cancer sucks and is a very cruel disease.

Please accept our hugs and our love again.  Please remember that if you are ever in Richmond, Va to look us up.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Ferret

Lady Glorianna

I started to respond to you many times today.

I wish I was smart enough to write the words that would comfort you.

Cross your bridges one at a time. Your journey will be easier.

Should you come to the bridge that leads you to grieve, it is okay. Crying and going through this will help you. There is no set time either, everyone of us is different. Allow yourself the healing process.

Have faith in yourself.

In the past I'm sure you have been there for friends, family, spiritual guidance. Call on them, so they may be allowed to be there for you.

I'm writing this from my heart, in hopes of helping you. I once walked a path worse than yours. And I tell you from experience, you will manage.
Ferret

Lady Amy of York

Dear Lord,
         Grant this woman, the peace, strength, courage , and wisdom, to face what she is going thru right now.

Dear Lord,
               We still ask and prayer for a miracle  for Sir Dragon and to give him the strength,and courage to fight this evil monster  they call cancer.

Dear Lord,
                I ask you to help the doctors and scientists out ther to find a cure for cancer. I am tired of seeing friends  suffer.

Hugs, and love. Know that you are still in my prayers !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

will paisley

Quote from: Ferret on September 02, 2008, 11:05:07 PM
Cross your bridges one at a time. Your journey will be easier.

Should you come to the bridge that leads you to grieve, it is okay. Crying and going through this will help you. There is no set time either, everyone of us is different. Allow yourself the healing process.

This reminds me of the analogy I was going to make, about my answer to people who ask me if I'm taking care of my cold, whenever I come down with something.

Sure am, I reply. I cough and sneeze for it whenever it wants me to.

Sometimes that's all you can do.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

RenRobin

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on September 02, 2008, 11:19:18 PM
    Dear Lord,
         Grant this woman, the peace, strength, courage , and wisdom, to face what she is going thru right now.

Dear Lord,
               We still ask and prayer for a miracle  for Sir Dragon and to give him the strength,and courage to fight this evil monster  they call cancer.

Dear Lord,
                I ask you to help the doctors and scientists out ther to find a cure for cancer. I am tired of seeing friends  suffer.

AMEN! 

(((HUGS))))
Loki-terr (in training)

Master James

Ron has remained in my prayers and I pray that a miracle occurrs and he beats this.  Just know that whatever the outcome just know that we are here for both of you.  We love you and pray for you both.  I hope to see you both this weekend at faire.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady_Glorianna

Sir Dragon (Ron) is off chemo and into hospice care at home. Ron asked about it and the doctor agreed that this is the best direction to take at this time. :'( :'(
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Charlotte Rowan

My heart goes out to you, Lady G, and you both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

lordwriothsley

Hang in there Lady G.I will continue to keep you and Sir Dragon (Ron) in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Capt. Morgan

Dearest Lady,

I too have started several times to write the words in my heart and have found them lacking. Having had several experiences with what you are going through now and having worked in Hospice with cancer and Palliative patients you see how multi-faceted life and death are, one blurring into the next and transforming all around not only the person dealing with the illness. It's a hard thing to say but it is true...no one gets out of "Life" alive...we were never guaranteed "Forever" in body...but in Spirit and Love...that is another matter. The words "In sickness and health, till Death do you part" is only a fragment of the true bond between those who love...for not even Death can part you. I truly know how hard this is, and in working with Hospice patients, I have had to read many books regarding the subject you are now dealing with. As the "Good Book" says...to every thing there is a season

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Know that you and your wonderful husband are being held in loving, healing hands of those who love you. Prayers are being sent as is strength and comfort and do things in your own time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Morgan

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.  ~David Sarnoff
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.