News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

heartbroken

Started by Lady_Glorianna, August 20, 2008, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena

((HUG))

This awful disease has affected my family too....you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. Your R/F family is here for you, Milady.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady_Glorianna

I am really mad at his family, especially his mom, his dad and sis yourger sister and so is he. Actually he is more disappointed than mad. All he wnated was to leave me with more than just debts and the way he sought to do that was to secure that what he would have inherited from his mother would come to me. His parents are divorced and his father cheated on his mom every which way she could but I guess his words are still more vaild to her than anything her son could say. His father, his current wife and his sister got to her and told her who knows what so that his mom cut me out of her will. She did this back in June and even though they talked evry other day, she never said anything. Even when we hired a lawyer and paid extra to look into it, she never said anyhting. We learned of it from said lawyer on Friday. He felt so stupid and after talking to his mom to confirm it, he just broke down and went so far as to refusing any further treatment and wanting to die right there. This is what I cannot forgive them for. It took me an hour to convince him to go ahead with the hospice treatment and I had to sit there while he cried for two hours. He felt betrayed, like he had no parents anymore. He has given me strict orders that if they call the cel phones, to let it go to voice mail and if they call the house to say he cannot come to the phone. He went as far as to ask me not call them when he passes but after all is done. For the first time through all the struggles that have been since his diagnosis in January 2007, his sister calls and the first thing she says is "you know Gloria is not getting anything right?" She had called to gloat. It is not about the money (nothing was mine to begin with and I never expected anything from his mother) but bout their going behind his back and against his wishes without a word. He has also asked that I not let them know how much they hurt him. I know I should try to reconcile them but really I dont feel like it at all.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

will paisley

You know, one of the (dark) jokes I tell myself when I get caught up in my wife's medical condition, or my own medical condition, or the way my job just screwed us over on health insurance, is that no matter how bad it gets, it pales in comparison with what you and Ron are going through.  You are the last people in the world needing even more crap heaped up on them.  I would not blame you for never having any contact with these people ever again.  The sole thing I would feel the need to communicate to them would be what you communicated to us: that it's not about the money but about their going behind his back and against his wishes without a word.

If it makes you feel better, curse and shout.  Hell, spend some time over at the online Elizabethan Curse Generator and see what it comes up with  ;)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

lordwriothsley

Lady Glorianna I am so sorry to hear this.This is last thing that you and Sir Dragon need right now with everything that is going on with you two.I I will continue to say and prayer for the two of you and may God Bless you both.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady_Glorianna

His mother managed to hurt him again >:( We had had a good day, we got the handicap permits very easily with no hassles, gone to have lunch and had planned to go the renaissance festival tomorrow. Well, my darling Ron thinking that since his mother has mobility problems she could just as easily get and be helped byt said permit, called her to tell her all about it. One thing led to another and he let her know how much she hurt him and now he felt. Well, apparently she did not care and showed no remorse and even told him some trash about me. He told her he could not talk anymore and hung up. Then he proceeded to cry and to say he wanted to die, that he knew that I loved him but that today he had confirmed that he had lost the love of his mother, that she does not love him. I have managed to calm him down, again and he is resting. Me  ??? I am furious. This is the second time and I know feel like I will never be able to forgive her and definitely do not want to have anything to do with her. On the other hand, I have to cool off since we are going to her house this Sunday to get his property out. I am just hoping that she behaves  :-X
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Luciana

Lady Glorianna, I am so sorry you have to have such extra stress dealing with the current problems.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Master James

I know you are furious at her but I have to say I feel sorry for her because she obviously just doesn't get it.  With her son in the condition he is in and to treat him that way is just so sad.  I'm so sorry to hear you have one more piece of added stress to your life.  You and Ron are and remain in our prayers.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Amy of York

I am sorry to hear the latest news. The both of you continue  to be in  my prayers.  Hugs and love  to you both.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lordwriothsley

To echo what Master James and Lady Amy of York said this latest news is the absolute last thing that you and Sir Dragon need right now in your lives with all that is going on right now.The two of you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

mollymishap

Lady G., please convey my thanks to Sir Dragon for being who he is; despite his own pain and sorrow he wants you to be happy, and he's concerned over your welfare.  That says A LOT about him. 

I would have liked to have met you guys, maybe still will--who knows, right?  But I can see by the reactions of those who have had the pleasure to meet him, and the stories you've related about him (who has a husband that makes his lady's garb?), that you two have what few people achieve: true friendship and true love.

And like others have said before, love transcends time and space.  Paper money, material goods, you can't take any of that with you.  But I hope that Sir Dragon will take with him the knowledge that your love for him is true and eternal. 

And I hope, too, that he knows how much he's touched the lives of others, and how much that means.  I know for myself, that he was one of the first people I interacted with on this forum, and his generosity in sharing his knowledge touched me greatly.  Whenever I had a question, he was always responsive and gracious.  Please thank him for that, from me.

Ilma
P.S. I'm lighting candle as we speak for the two of you to find peace and healing (in the body, mind & spirit).  It's a jasmine-scented candle.  It's supposed to ease sadness and relieve stress.  I didn't know that when I started writing this, but it seems appropriate.

Lady_Glorianna

Things went well. I managed to bite my lips even though she was all nice, hugging and kissing my family. Right before we left she comes over and thanks me for taking care of Ron. I just motioned my cousin to go. I cannot be that two faced. Thank God, that is behind us and so far we have had no contact with any of these "monsters'. His favorite niece called today and that was a good thing since the disease seems to be progressing. She made him smile.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Master James

That's good that she was able to make him laugh.  Glad also that things went well with the monster-in-law.  Hope Ron is up to making it this Sunday as the is the only day we'll be there.  See you this weekend hopefully.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

will paisley

Glad to hear you got through it OK.  I'd give you a hug at faire except that, between your farthingdale and my big fat gut, I'm lucky to get within talking distance  ;)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lady_Glorianna

Ron is trying to make it to the Ren though currently we are both of the belief that if he doesn't make it this weekend he won't make it at all and the way things look right now tha latter seems to be what will happen. He is getting weaker and deteriorating. Right now he is not up to receiving visits up here but you can e-mail (you can use the address cited on the photo favor thread on the maryland board of this forum) I will make sure he sees them) or send to the house (PM me for address). Phone calls are a bit tricky as the thing is that you have to be prepared to end the conversation as soon as he tells you too but other than that you can call him (PM me for the phone).

Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

BLAKDUKE

Lady Glorianna:

you may not remember me but we met at the Carolina faire a couple of years ago.  There are no words I could speak that would be better than those already spoken on this forum.  I remember your husband well and you also and I am most distressed about what has befallen the both of you.  I will pray for you both as that is all I can do.

Anon and faire well
The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel