News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The old VARF was my home show...

Started by Trouble with Friends, August 22, 2008, 02:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trouble with Friends

Just wondering how many of the old REC version were still kicking around out there...

Also wondering what the average attendance is like, as I would like to consider applying as a vendor.

Master James

Well as far as REC I think there are two still going and they are out in the mid-west somewhere.  Not sure.

Are you asking about average attendance for the currect VARF and thinking about applying as a vendor there or looking for an REC event?
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Trouble with Friends

Okay, what I was trying to find out is

a) Who from the OLD show is still around the new show.

b) What is the average attendance at the new show

Sorry I thought by referring to REC that would clarify the OLD show.

Dirtfarmer

There are a handful of us old REC VARF people around  (maybe 12 to 15).  The CEO of the new show was a cast member of REC VARF.  Most vendors, if not all, were not involved with the old show.

Average attendance over the last couple years has been around 8 or 9k over 5 weekends.  A good day is 1500 people a bad day is 350 people.  Not official, but probably pretty close.

~pixie~

I was a pub wench at the Forest Inn all four years at the old VARF.  It broke my heart when I found out that we wouldn't be having a new season for spring 2000.  I haven't been on cast or crew for the new VARF, but I've attended every year since it's been back.  I believe it was held at what was to be Central Park (near where Best Buy is now).  It has been so nice to see it grow and change!  Everyone involved has done a fantastic job!  Thanks so much to all of you for keeping it alive!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

troubadude

I was with the original VARF as TomLori from the beginning - in fact it was my first Renaissance Faire experience. 

I performed a couple years at the new VARF, and again this year, very part-time due to health issues.  I will probably not be performing at festivals much for awhile, if at all due to a recent diagnosis of severe osteoporosis.  If I do perform at festivals, it will be only for very limited engagements. 

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers,

Tom
if music be the food of love, play on!

lordwriothsley

Tom I'm so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis.I will absolutely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"