News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Picture of the Day!

Started by DeadBishop, May 04, 2008, 04:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaldock

Quote from: AbleArcher on June 12, 2008, 10:45:57 PM
It is just awesome.  I haven't used it a whole lot since I got it, but from what I have sen, it was well worth the coin.  Build quality is awesome.  AF speed is lightning quick.  It's sharp from 2.8 on up.  it's simply amazing.

I have tried substitues over the years...the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8, the Sigma 50-150mm 2.8, the Nikon 80-200mm 2.8.... All are pretty decent for the money.  But, If you ever expect to need the AF speed and the VR, there simply ins't anything that comes close. It's a lot of money, like I said, but I think it wil pay for itself in the long run.

Have you ever visited Ken Rockwell's website and read his reviews of various Nikkor lenses through the years?

I've got a couple of old Nikon FE2 bodies and an assortment of Nikkor and Tokina fixed and zoom lenses, and I always wanted to get one of the really big (400, 500, 600, or 800 mm) Nikkor lenses like Ken has on his site.  But they're too bloomin' expensive!   :o

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Synikul

These are from ORF last year. but this has been my fair life for almost five years. Just me, and a gaggle of fairies. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

SleepyArcher

SleepyArcher and DB at Twig, MN
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Scotsman

Hey, it's twins! Great shot fella's!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SleepyArcher

Scotsman you will like this even better, especially when you get to meet the one on the right hehehe...

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Scotsman

Holy shnikeys! OMG that is too funny!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF My Daughter and my Niece

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

kirk

She was feeling a little guilty about singing a song she wasn't supposed to and was begging forgivness.

Cloverpogue

female panda, YaYa, I took at the Memphis Zoo today
I want to take her home.
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

AbleArcher

The London Broil, from a theatrical performance last November...

Cloverpogue

~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Sir William Marcus

Say hello to my little friend!

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lavender

The Black Canyon, an hour south of my new home.

IWG #3440
Landshark #19

divapixie

Ok... I know they're not ren-related unless you wanna include them with Her Majesty's royal Herp Society... which i'm not really a part of... but... they are too darn cute.
My new little babies... well some of them anyway.

"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."