News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Discussion of Trip to a Dragon's Cave.

Started by CountessofPhoenix, May 11, 2008, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountessofPhoenix

Don't have Vandor's last post, but I just happened to have saved mine. Gives us someplace to start from. Hope you don't mind. I just miss having this creative site available.
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

Queen Bonnie

Happy the story will go on. Grammercy Countess of Phoenix! You are indeed a phoenix to bring this back from the ashes! Huzzah !
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

CountessofPhoenix

Word has just come down that they will not be able to recover our tale. If anyone has any of it they want to add before we go on, now would be the time.
Countess of Phoenix
Designer Extraordinaire

Var Greyshadow

I didn't get a chance to catch up on where things went after Vandor picked up the swords and the visit to Bacardi.  Could those of you who were most active provide a quick summary of what happened and where things were going?  I sort of got left behind in the desert, but I'd say that as a Ranger, I've just been lurking about and prepping for the next leg of the journey.

Real life has been quite busy and nerve-wracking as we're in the midst of trying to buy a short-sale house and the deal keeps being pushed back.  My head hasn't really been in this, but I'm not ready to completely write myself out either.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

PurpleDragon

Hmmm... If I could only remember what I posted.....

Okay, so the party has begun their journey toward Vandor's village and the Dragon's Cave.  They have been given another quest to hunt down and destroy the Gorgon.  Doing so will free Countess' beloved Bear, and Vandor's beloved Amalphia from the curse of the Gorgon.  The swords Vandor made are being left with the party while he flies ahead to ensure his village is prepared for thier arrival.  That's about all I can remember off the top of my head.  I wish I had finished copying all the posts from the old site... I wonder if there's any way to get them retrieved????
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

CountessofPhoenix

According to what I read yesterday they are not retrievable. I think from here on out we need to save a copy of our story as we go along.
Countess of Phoenix
Designer Extraordinaire

Alphonse

Thanks for the summation, I needed to get caught up myself.I wouldn't worry overly about fine details, the story was meant to be fun, being that it has been lost up to this point if someone was to make a mistake on a detail surely the others would be understanding about the fact that there is nothing to go back to read to get refreshed on. The story may be gone but not the fine people who enjoy writting it, so long as we have that we may regain a full measure of the enjoyment we had known.Let us look forward to what will will create rather dwelling on what has passed.   ;D

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah and well spoken , Alphonse! We shall carry on! Huzzah for our story and the story tellers!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Poldugarian Warrior

Just gettin used to all this new forum, let me know if the last post was okay, or do I need to edit it. Basically it was a test to see if it'd even post. But, I tried to stay in the story context aong with adding my character's views and maybe some other directions to go in the story. A rebellion/revolution, another treasure hunt, maybe more battles with some creatures this time. Were-creatures,vampires,etc.?  Just thinking where to go with the story after we've retrieved the clutch of eggs taken it back to the first dragon and received the scrolls of knowledge and treasures/weapons/magical items from the first dragon.

PurpleDragon

Well, once we retrieve the dragons' eggs.. there is the situation dealing with the Gorgon, and I'm sure someone will think up another adventure to add yet again... We are a creative bunch here, and we can do anything we want, this is OUR story after all.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Alphonse

Indeed, it is my hope that the story goes on for as long as we have a ren-site. It can be anything we want it to be.I would like to see us get to the eggs sooner rather then later. It is my hope that when we do get them back,to be able to step out of the story for a time.My personal life is getting fairly busy at the moment and I need to be focusing on it.

CountessofPhoenix

As you have requested we will strive to get to those eggs in the near future. Then may you have a pleasant vacation from your majickal duties, although we will eagerly anticipate your return.
Countess of Phoenix
Designer Extraordinaire

Alphonse

Thank you, I appreciate it greatly.Spring is always a busy time for me in the mundane world.The pace at work picks up, working 6-7 days a week. and I am rushed to accomplish as many yard projects as I can before the dog days of summer set in, in earnest.Presently I am working on a building a barn and a back deck porch as well as trying to keep up with mowing two acres.On top of all that I am working on legal wrangling in order to avoid a law suit over some land I have bought recently.

CountessofPhoenix

I understand. The orange grove has to be weeded before the vines start choking the trees. My herbs are not doing wel as we are in a slight drought and no matter how many times I have watered them they still aren't doing well. We have Hurricane Conferences the next 2 Sat. and a family reunion the 8th. Plus I'm trying to gather all the things I need for nursing school and with gas the price it is I'm not sure where the extra money is coming from. We had planned to go to the Colorado Rennaisance Fair but looks like that will be a victim of the gas situation too. Hope that fall finds you in less of a demand for your time!
Countess of Phoenix
Designer Extraordinaire

Martin Montgomery

;D  I made a post! ;D  Hope it strikes you as funny as it struck me!! ;)
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor