News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, July 18, 2008, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Var Greyshadow

Just got tickets for the IMAX for tomorrow night - can't wait!!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Robert Phoenix

Word is the next should have J. Depp as Riddler, and/or Angela Jolie as Catwoman.  There was another for Penguin but I can't remember is name but he looked the part.

Tim T

Well, we FIALLY were able to make it out to see The Dark Knight last weekend.

It was VERY well done!  Heath Ledger was probably as good a Joker as you could ever hope for- which kinda sucks, because I don't think they'll be able to use the Joker character again.  I certainly wouldn't want to step into that role.  From a plot perspective, they did an awesome job capturing just how twisted and evil the Joker is.  He's able to create chaos and madness all for the challenge of dukeing it out with Batman.

Christian Bale did a fine job as a Tormented Batman.

I'm also glad that Batman was officially 'cast out' of GCPD.  Batman will always be an outsider. 

All in all, it's the best Bat-Flick thus far, with the first Christian Bale movie in the number two spot.

Hopefully, they'll continue in this same vein for the next movie!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Dark Knight is now the #2 movie of all time for Box Office totals at $471,900,000. It has dethroned STAR WARS, which is #3.

Studio execs at Warner Brothers say that the film will garner close to $520 Million by the time it is finished with it's theatrical run. I can only imagine that the DVD sales will go through the roof.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

anne of oaktower

Many folks, myself included, will be even more inclined to buy the DVD because it is Heath Ledger's last movie.  :'(
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Robert Phoenix on August 04, 2008, 08:22:54 PM
Word is the next should have J. Depp as Riddler, and/or Angela Jolie as Catwoman.  There was another for Penguin but I can't remember is name but he looked the part.

I was reading an article not long ago concerning the future villains and how they want to break away from the norm like they did with the Joker.

The Riddler would be a "se7en"-esque serial killer who leaves cryptic notes and clues as he goes.
The Penguin would be more of a social outcast, fringe of the underworld, egg-head criminal who starts tying things together behind the scenes.  (**crossing my fingers for Philip Seymour Hoffman**)
Catwoman would be less sexpot and more dangerous.  Tilda Swinton (Chronicles of Narnia: TL,TW, a TW; Constantine) was one of the names they were tossing around for the role.  Wouldn't bother me in the least, cuz, frankly, I'm pretty Angelina Jolie'd out.

Pipere

Word was that David Tennant of 10th Doctor fame was interested in playing the Riddler a year or so back, but it seems that's gone to development hell.

Truth is that I'd be really dissapointed to see Depp as the Riddler. Yes, I love Johnny Depp as much as any other overly-literate American woman, but I feel like he spreads himself too thin these days.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni