News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Central Coast Renaissance Faire

Started by willin, May 11, 2008, 05:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlegsmcleod

:)Yea, Setup was great. I was out there on sunday to help build stages, booths & paint. will be out there on wed to help with hay bales. ;D
Parttime Mercenary, Parttime Pirate. Which ever pays the best.

Valiss

Cool!  Are you with Peasants Guild?  I think we are building our encampment on Friday.

redlegsmcleod

No we are helping out History Revisted people. We will senting up our camp on friday also hope to see you then. :D
Parttime Mercenary, Parttime Pirate. Which ever pays the best.

Arsinoe Selene

I'll be there on Saturday. I'm excited, my first faire in good garb. Blue skirt, yellow overskirt, blue and gold sari silk bodice, and a chemise-type blouse.

The only other faire I have been to is the NorCal Pirate Fest. My top didn't fit right. The stuff I made for this fits really well.

Valiss

Quote from: Arsinoe Selene on July 14, 2008, 08:09:01 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm excited, my first faire in good garb. Blue skirt, yellow overskirt, blue and gold sari silk bodice, and a chemise-type blouse.

The only other faire I have been to is the NorCal Pirate Fest. My top didn't fit right. The stuff I made for this fits really well.

Very cool!  Are you coming with anyone else?  If you are interested in becoming more involved in faire, stop by a guild and inquire about joining.  Have a good time!

Arsinoe Selene

My mom is coming too, my dad might be coming, I'm not sure. They won't be in garb, though. They are boring.

We're just here for the week, we rented a house.

Valiss

Sounds like fun for the whole family  :)  Well, leaving tomorrow morning for the long drive.  See ya there!

Mandrake Von Sets

Contrary to last year (set up just before the lancing arena), we were placed near the entrance to the faire.  Apparently the organizers forgot we had a trebuchet, so no room to fire this year.  Oh well.  There was nice weather and good patronage.
Wil

Valiss

Ah well met Wildabeast, we we're right next ot you (Hounds Haven) and you did draw a good crowd with your device.  I actually had a conversation with a few guild members about how poorly they placed you guys; we wanted a demo, perhaps with water balloons.  :)

Mandrake Von Sets

Quote from: Valiss on July 21, 2008, 10:42:40 AM
Ah well met Wildabeast, we we're right next ot you (Hounds Haven) and you did draw a good crowd with your device.  I actually had a conversation with a few guild members about how poorly they placed you guys; we wanted a demo, perhaps with water balloons.  :)

DOH!  So close, yet not close enough.  We enjoyed being next to you guys and those on the other "border".  Hopefully next year, we'll be back to swinging our arm. 
Wil

Valiss

Are you guys going to Golden Gate faire?

Mandrake Von Sets

I just posted 156 pictures from last weekend and placed the link here.
...and Valiss, there's probably one very young squire you'll recognize in some of them.

While you're at it, you can see the 233 I posted yesterday from the Sonora Celtic Faire (formerly in Angels Camp) back in March.
Wil

Arsinoe Selene

Oh, great pictures! My parents had the camera, and only took pictures of the joust. >.< And it wasn't even the digital. "Oh, we don't need to bring the digital."

Valiss

Very nice pictures!  Thank you very much for posting these; I have forwarded the link to my other guild members.

:)

Amira

OH! Great Photos! I just got back on line after a much needed break... I hope everyone had a great time at SLO

Amira Hawkins
Member of The Peasant Guild
Amira Hawkins
The Peasant Guild ~ California