News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NO jousting at the faire this year?????

Started by Gwenwhistle, September 01, 2008, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwhistle

Can anyone tell me if and why there is no joust this year?  Or maybe they just aren't including it in the day's schedule?  Who has been opening week-end and TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to get there this year!

Gwen

piratejoebear

the joust is happening at 12 2:30 and 5 pm i was there saturday at it went on

Gwenwhistle

Well, THAT is a relief.  My kids were so disappointed to think there wouldn't be jousting; and I couldn't imagine that being taken out of the mix.  Thank you for the info, joebear

piratejoebear

your welcome they did add a booth of their own by the jousting field that you can take a picture on a big wooden horse in outfits they offer or buy a dvd or pennant.

MMario

The jousts aren't on the grid schedule - they are listed in text like they do the mud shows.

Cerarienh

Quote from: piratejoebear on September 01, 2008, 05:37:51 PM
your welcome they did add a booth of their own by the jousting field that you can take a picture on a big wooden horse in outfits they offer or buy a dvd or pennant.

That would be Stiffy the wonder horse . . . *wink*

Gwenwhistle

OHHHHHH.......a wooden horse?  Sounds interesting.  LOVE seeing new things at the faire.  Any other stories or pics from the first weekend to share anyone?

piratejoebear

we had a guy who came dressed as the joker from the dark knight movie. the lost boys are on king's stage this year. they are showing 17 cats at the tiger show this season. they have 16 week old tiger cubs one is white the other is regular color. 

Capt Lucy

The Joker at ren faire was interesting...hell, he looked great though!

And my sister will be helping out with Stiffy the rest of the season, so if you see her, stop by and say HI!!!  (and leave a tip...lol) ;)
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Gwenwhistle

MAN, I"M CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO GET THERE.  Who are the players at the mud pit this year?????