News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My mom is in the hospital FINAL UPDATE

Started by Trillium, September 02, 2008, 07:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

I got a phone call yesterday that my mom is in critical care with a subdural hematoma.  They cannot do surgery due to her condition and we are now just waiting to see what happens.  As some of you know, my mom is an alcoholic and has csirrosis.  I've been waiting for this phone call for years but it's still hard to hear.   :-\
Got faerie dust?

RenRobin

Trill,
I am keeping your mom and you and our family in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Nicolette

No matter what, it's never easy when something catastrophic hits a loved one.  Even when they may have brought some of it on themselves.  My sister died of liver disease from lifelong (pretty much)heroin addiction a few years ago, so I really understand what you may be feeling, Trill.  Remember to take good care of yourself during this terribly difficult time, sweetie.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

knarlyknot

Oh Trill, our thoughts are with you.  Remember to take care of yourself.

lady serena

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Muffin

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Trill...

*hugs*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Celestial Melody

*hugs*  My thoughts are with you and your family.

Trillium

Thank you all for your kind words!!  I spoke to my sister last night and she said my mom had a hemorratic stroke which caused the bleeding in the brain.  They don't know if her other problems will be intensified by the hemorrage, but if that happens it's very likely that her liver will fail since it's already in a very fragile condition.  At this point my mom is heavily sedated but responds to stimulation (pain, tickling, etc).  She still has full motor function but we don't know what her mental function is yet.  They cannot do surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain because she wouldn't make it through, so all we can do is wait and see if her body will reabsorb the blood.
Got faerie dust?

CatAshtrophy

I'm sorry. That sounds scary, and how awful to have to wait and see like that. I hope that her body will be able to take care of itself.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I'm so sorry Trillium to hear this.I lost my mom in june, it was very hard and still is. I lost my dad to alcohol , that was a tough too. You know its gonna happen but it doesn't make it any easier. Big hugs to you and I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Anna Iram

Trill, I'm so sorry. I just saw this. (Hugs) I hope your mothers condition is improving. I'm sending a prayer.

Trillium

Sadly, things are going downhill.  They did another CT scan and my sister, who is a physician's assistant, said it's the biggest brain bleed she's seen.  My mom is not recovering and the bleeding has gotten worse.  The doctors told my stepdad that if she was going to improve, the would have seen a change in 3-4 days, it's now been a week.  He is now agonizing over the decision to pull the support and see what happens.  They are getting hospice involved and are trying to figure out if they can even give her wish to die at home and not a hospital.  My parents live an hour out of town and she may not even make it home...
Got faerie dust?

lordwriothsley

Trillium after reading everything that's been happening to your mom it's just so awful to hear.I know that this had to have been some of the worst news you could have ever heard in your life.Hang in there hunny I will say a prayer for you, your mom and your entire family during this difficult situation.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Muffin

Oh Trill I am so sorry for how everything is going.. I will keep praying and keep you all in my thoughts....

*hugs*

~ Amy
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

PurpleDragon

~lighting a candle and sending a silent prayer skyward~
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.