News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Announcing the Opening of the 2008 Renaissance Festival Award Nominations

Started by JohnB, September 02, 2008, 07:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

Announcing the Opening of the 2008 Renaissance Festival Award Nominations                    
That's right folks. The 4th annual Renaissance Festival Awards are now open for your nominations. Just drop by the website to cast your vote. And please help spread the news. Tell bands and faires the awards are now open. They can vote at http://renaissancefestivalmusic.com/awards/.

Originally published at Marc Gunn .com. Read. Interact. Breathe. It's easy; it's free.      ---
New to Marc Gunn's blog? Consider subscribing to my RSS feed: Subscribe to this blog's feed.  Or sign up to get email updates and  join my street team!

Professor M

It's a shame the category has been eliminated for Best Street Cast.  Street casts are the unsung heroes of the renaissance festivals.  How can Marc make an effort to recognize every aspect of faires, including best vendor but overlooks street cast.  It hurts more because street cast was a category last year, so it's a deliberate act to remove street cast from getting recognition.

Please Marc, reconsider.  You may not think street casts are important, but many of us feel differently.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

I completely agree with what Professor listed.  I did vote yesterday and it was on for a short time but does not seem to be there now.  If you can check on it it would be wonderful.  THANK YOU!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Terry Griffith

Absolutely.  I am not on a street cast but to eliminate it and include some of the other categories that were left on just seems like there is something we don't know.  It was a category last year.  It is one of the most important categories and something that wouldn't be just a popularity contest like the others.

To remove it puts the validity of all the awards in question.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

HeHeHe!  It's funny.  All of the people lobbying for Best Street Cast are members of the SAME street cast.  So we already know who is best, we're just looking for validation.

Kilted One, Terry, and others:  I suggested to Marc that perhaps by next year we could design a web page, perhaps with multiple choices, that would help with tabulation.  If we do our part we can help take some of the work off his hands.  Of course, it will call our victory into question next year, but so be it.   ;D  (A little like the Supreme Court electing a president).

Marc, I appreciate all you do to help faires and faire performers achieve recognition.  You do much, much, more than most of us, and it would be utterly ridiulous of me to imply you do not do enough.  I'll contact you privately about ways I can help.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Sir Raymond Keeper of Images

Question.  Can anyone cast vote in the categories or is this just for RF members to vote?

JohnB

Sir Raymond anyone can vote, member or not, please follow the links and support the people you like :)

As for the people concerned about the removal of certain categories, I encourage you to contact Marc or Kristen via their contact information at the official Website http://www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com/ and volunteer to help them with these awards.  The reason for the removal is to make them easier to manage and the only other way to make them easier to manage, other than from trimming them down to the most voted in categories, is to have more people helping in the processing of the votes.

Hope you enjoy the shows,  John B.

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

*bump*
Voting end New Year's eve,

Submissions will end at midnight on December 31, 2008. The show will be podcasted online in January, 2009.

Please vote for this forums and your favorites acts, vendors, and faire.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer