News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Invasion of BARF 2009

Started by Lairde Guardn, September 13, 2008, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddlin

I think LJ has planned something for Friday night, but I guess we all need details.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Sir LJ

Okay gang, this is where I think it is best for having dinner Friday night. The main reason is Count's son Connor and Lady Panther's little Pheony will be allowed in with us until the hour turns 10PM. Any other place was not conducive to wee-little ones.

Mr. Dunderbaks Seamus, myself and Treeman all ate at the old place one afternoon and enjoyed it. They do serve Guinness, we made sure of that. I am also gonna have to make a trip on Monday to re-verify how they serve Guinness. We were told in a can but they had some ritual they do to it that makes it more like a draft. I wanna see this anyway so I will force myself to check it out and maybe have a few to make sure it is suitable for consumption.

Drive time from the hotel to Mr. Dunderbaks say 15 - 20 minutes tops. We need to have a "Close enough for Government Work" head count by 6PM that night. They do not take reservations but will allow "Call Ahead Seating"! They said give them 2 hours time. Figured an 8PM arrival at chow would give the out-of-towners time to freshen up.

Seamus and I are also working on a Gathering at Rogue Manor on Saturday evening after fair. IF you have any type of food you cannot eat, PLEASE let us know right away. We plan on shopping this weekend. We will talk about chow tonight and post our thoughts in the AM.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Lairde Guardn

I actually applaud your foresite and planning for a great place to eat, a few drinks and included the Lepus Runamuckus as well. 

So right now there are 3 of us in my car that plan to be there.  Although we may pick up a few strays at the hotel.

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Squire Mickey

Won't be able to join you on Friday, but will see ye all Sat. morning....
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Quiet One

Count me in for Friday.  From their website, it looks to be "just down the road" from my hotel.  No lepus runamuckus with me this year, just me.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Peddlin

"I am also gonna have to make a trip on Monday to re-verify how they serve Guinness. We were told in a can but they had some ritual they do to it that makes it more like a draft. I wanna see this anyway so I will force myself to check it out and maybe have a few to make sure it is suitable for consumption."

Dearest LJ -

You are so good to us, and we really appreciate your sacrifice!

Can't wait to see you!    :-*

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Sir LJ

Quote from: Peddlin on March 04, 2009, 07:17:03 AM
"I am also gonna have to make a trip on Monday to re-verify how they serve Guinness. We were told in a can but they had some ritual they do to it that makes it more like a draft. I wanna see this anyway so I will force myself to check it out and maybe have a few to make sure it is suitable for consumption."

Dearest LJ -

You are so good to us, and we really appreciate your sacrifice!

Can't wait to see you!    :-*

I am prepared to make sure everyone has good Guinness! Will do whatever is necessary!

See you soon!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Mmketeer

Isn't this the same place that use to be in University Mall? If it is my mother loved that place, I bet she'd love to go. Let me see if I can swing it as I don't think I've ever made it to one of the forums before or after get togethers. :)
Mmketeer

Sir LJ

Quote from: Mmketeer on March 06, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
Isn't this the same place that use to be in University Mall? If it is my mother loved that place, I bet she'd love to go. Let me see if I can swing it as I don't think I've ever made it to one of the forums before or after get togethers. :)

Yes, it is the same place. It has a bigger and better location though!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Sir LJ

Saturday AM in the parking lot will consist of Mint Juleps and something from a bakery not sure as to what that will be.

Dinner on Saturday evening at Rogue Manner is planned as such:

Pork Loin or another form of pork product (Seamus makes a heck of a marinade for it) - Cooked on a LaCajaChina
Potatoes and proly green beans

We ask that you maybe bring a dessert, bottle of wine etc.

Sunday is still up in the air as far as the AM start in the parking lot!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Welsh Wench

Psst! Athena? Athena?
Time to wake up....MINT JULEPS!

Athena and I will contribute.....something.  :)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Peddlin

Absolutely Maaahvalous! Or in other words, "Isn't that nice!"
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Welsh Wench on March 06, 2009, 12:57:44 PM
Psst! Athena? Athena?
Time to wake up....MINT JULEPS!

Athena and I will contribute.....something.  :)

There's a story here....like the mimosa incident, I'm sure of it. :D
Legendary Hellraiser

Sir LJ

3 days until it all begins!

Please note on the website, Mr. Dunderbaks has a new address. It is no longer in the mall as it looks like it is on the website.
14929 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. ~ The link on the website takes you to Google Maps so please check it.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Mmketeer

Hummm...no ones posted a time for Friday night to meet up at Mr. Dunderbaks. So, what time is everyone getting together?

Mom and I would love to go and meet up with everyone. I need to tell her a time though as she'll be coming from work and she works down off of Gandy Blvd.
Mmketeer