News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Local Gatherings in NCRF Area

Started by Lairde Guardn, September 13, 2008, 11:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Falchion

What a pleasure it was to be taken care of by Clan M'Crack last evening!

Albannach was amazing!  I still can feel those pipes and drums reverberating through by body...and myne ears still ain't right.... ;)

Delicious dinner, mead tasting, fun company....Huzzah!  As you said Lairde, I was ebullient!

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Peddlin

It was a pleasure to have you with us, and hopefully we will have such an opportunity again soon.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Femme Falchion

The feeling is quite mutual Lady Peddlin....I do hope that you continue to post local opportunities for fun & fellowship!   :D ;D
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Peddlin

Actually, Femme -

If you are not doing anything Friday night, my son will be singing at The James Joyce Pub in Durham, and there may be several of us in attendance. We would love for you to join us.

And then on Saturday night, we will be back at Tir Na Nog, where Paddy Gibney will be performing. One of our very own M'Cracks is moving to Colorado, and we must see her off. I don't think you have met her, yet, but if possible, you should before she leaves us.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Femme Falchion

Peddlin

The James Joyce used to be my favorite place for refreshments after work....alas, I have no one to care for the wee ones this weekend (2 yr old twins... Owen & Connor..how's that for good Irish names?   :D) and my Lord is traveling.  I do thank you for the invitation and hope to visit with the M'Crack clan again before CRF invasion.

Do I remember correctly that you will not be attending the Celtic Harvest next weekend?  :-[
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Peddlin

I think there will probably be a few M'Cracks there, but Lairde Guard'n and I will not be in attendance. I wish you a wonderful time, though.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lairde Guardn

M'Crackmas location has changed.......please note that we will be meeting in Raleigh, NC for the 2008 M'Crackmas

M'Crackmas - Family Gathering - Raleigh, NC - December 12-13-14 2008

More information on this event will follow shortly....

Now can we all harmonize on "I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas"
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Demm, I am working a Thomas Kinkade Highlighting event that weekend! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lairde Guardn

Happy M'Crackmas everyone and time for the annual gathering.    Tune up your vocal cords and try to remember the words to "I want a Hippopotomus for Cristmas".   I am sure it will be sung a few times over the weekend.

The schedule of events is going to be very fluid, there will be certain things at certain times, so everyone has a chance to join up with us at their pleasure, and other things as they happen or as we move from one event to the other.

On Friday afternoon we will start gathering at either Pinn'n and Chuck'n place at 1108 Carlisle Strret, Raleigh, NC 27610 or at Peddlin and Lairde Guard'n place at 102 Manhattan Ct, Cary, NC to consolodate vehicles.  In other words....take as few vehicles with us when we leave for the Pub.  This will also give those from out of town that are planning on staying at either of these places to get your stuff unloaded and to relax until time to depart for the pub.   Also those that are staying at hotels to get to one of the points to either share rides or follow to the other places.

Friday
6:30 PM depart the gathering points
7:00 PM til Meet and Greet at Tir Na Nog Irish Pub 218 South Blount St. Raleigh NC 27601.   This will be a chance for everyone to get a bite to eat, enjoy some good Irish Music.  Hercules Mulligan will be playing from 7 til 9 and another band will start at 10.   We will ensure we are here til 10 PM then we may or may not be moving to another Irish Pub very close by either Napper Tandys or the Hibernian Pub Raleigh.

Saturday
9:30 AM Meet up at the gathering points
10:00 AM depart the gathering points
10:45 AM Meet up at the Morehead Planetarium and Science Center 250 EAST FRANKLIN ST. HAPEL HILL, NC 27599 to enjoy the show.   
12:30 PM Lunch at the James Joyce, 912 W, Main Street, Durham, NC 27701,  We will stay at the Joyce until at least 2:30 PM
3:00 PM Free Time or Group Shopping time, place to be announced and discussed during our earlier meetings, it will give those that waited til the last minute to have a gift for the M'Crackmas Gift Exchange time to get one.  Some of us will be stopping at Mac's Tavern in Cary.
6:00 PM Gathering at Peddlin and Guard'n Place for M'Crackmas Gift Exchange.  Please keep your gift to under $20.00 and if you bring a gift that is gender specific please mark it so.  Everyone that brings a gift, gets a gift.....
8:30 PM Gathering at Hibernian Restaurant & Pub.1144 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, NC 27511.  Time to get a bite to eat and a few pints down before the singing will commence at 10 PM....Oh yes, tonight is Kareoke Nite with Clan M'Crack.

Sunday
11:00 AM Brunch with the Family M'Crack and to say our goodbyes to those that need to go home......Tir Na Nog Irish Pub 218 South Blount St. Raleigh NC 27601.   We should be here until at least 1:30 PM.
4:00 PM Gathering to meet with the Musicians Royale for a little singing and socializing.  Hibernian Restaurant & Pub.1144 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, NC 27511.
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Lairde Guardn

DRESS COMFORTABLY for M'Crackmas

I do not expect garb all weekend on anyone unless you want to wear garb. 

I do expect all the men to be in Kilts on Saturday.

M'Crack T-Shirts (if you have them) please where them on Saturday, if you have more than one, then wear one on Friday nite as well.  If you can only make one of the events and have a M'Crack t-shirt, then wear it then.   If you need to get one, see Gimli sometime this weekend, he should have some with him.
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Lairde Guardn

List of Attendees that have confirmed with me for M'Crackmas.....looks like a great weekend is ahead.

Shake'n
Lairde Dublin'n
Heal'n
High'n
Pretty'n
Pussy'n
Achieved
Wash
Chuck'n
Pinn'n
Peddlin
Lairde Guard'n
Nail'n
Lady Bee'n
Scratch
Lairde Cover
Hyden
Lairde Smootch
Thrice'n
Sea'n
Nuttin
Master'n
Jiggle
Enter
Blu'n
Frottin
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Lairde Guardn

On Saturday, January 3rd at 7 pm, at the Tir Na Nog Pub those members and friends of the Family known as the Clan M'Crack that may be in the area, are invited to join together with Frank'n and Ferry'n M'Crack to wish them "Fair Winds and Following Seas" before they move on from North Carolina the great state of Washington.

For any pets in the area, this may be the last chance for you to collect those signatures for a while.

Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Peddlin

I just wanted to let you all know that my son, Tennessee Jed, will be moving to Asheville on the 1st of February. He will be appearing at our very own Hibernian Pub, in Cary, this coming Wednesday night (January 7th), and he will go on around 9:00 pm. This will be one of his last shows in the Raleigh area (before the move), and we would love for you to join us. A few are coming early (around 8:00ish) for food, so please be there, if you can, and bring all of your friends. A good time will be had by all.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Femme Falchion

I would love to hear your son perform Lady Peddlin and will certainly try to be there....   :)

Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Peddlin

Thank you very much, My Lady -

We shall look forward to your appearance.

::)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96