Ye Olde Crafting Corner > Crafts and Projects

Renaissance / Medieval Home Decorating

<< < (2/3) > >>

Magister:
Baroness Doune:

Ok... now.. I have to honestly say that those links have to be the darned coolest domicile I have ever seen.

When I looked at the first set the only thing I could think was, "does someone actually live in that?"  That was so meticulously decorated.  I'd lose my mind with the dusting alone.

The "castle" house is just wonderful.  The use of cast concrete to simulate the blocks, and recycled rubber for the "slate" shingles is great.  Until I read the descriptions I honestly thought you built the thing out of specially cast cinder blocks or something.  The wood work, timbers, and all inside are amazing too.

Thank you for sharing ... How lucky you are.  Please don't tell Spinster.. I'd never hear the end of it.

dbaldock:
One vendor with Renaissance & Medieval home and yard decorating products is Design Toscano, located in Arlington Heights, IL.

EDIT: Updated URL.

Tudor-Diva:
I have enjoyed The Gothic Martha Stewart, http://www.trystancraft.com/martha/ for years.  Great tips in here.

Marietta Graziella:

--- Quote from: dbaldock on May 31, 2008, 02:30:21 PM ---One vendor with Renaissance & Medieval home and yard decorating products is Design Toscano, located in Arlington Heights, IL.

EDIT: Updated URL.

--- End quote ---

A word of caution with Toscano...  I love their stuff!  It's unique, interesting, and very affordable.  However...  the last 2 times we have ordered items they were on "back order".  6 months later we canceled the order because they kept pushing the delivery date back. 

This company continues to advertise items in their catalog that are not available for delivery.  As long as you don't count on things to be delivered in time for a party or event, it's a great catalog!

Nina:
Greetings all, great thread(s).  Lots of cool sites.  Just kind of overwhelming at the moment.  What i could really use is some humble o's from my fun loving fellow rennies.  I just inherited an old, vintage?well kept, travel trailer. It will do just fine to keep my troupes warm & dry at TRF. 

However, it poses a serious decorating problem.  I want to have fun with it, keep it comfortable and enjoyable for kids and grownups alike.  There are a few elements i won't be changing yet due to cost/effort required: the floor is...ready for this?  green 2 tone houndstooth vinyl!  The stove is avocado green, and the walls and closet are all panelled in a very dark wood.  The things i do want to change are the curtains at the very least, maybe some throws, pillows, a picture or two.  Might consider painting the panelling.

Ideas anyone?  I have been thru a few ideas, pirate ship theme, maybe genie bottle look (love the jewel tones) or just vintage 70's and not fight so much with what's already happening.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version