News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PRF Invasion

Started by kilted one, September 30, 2008, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuinness

Quote from: will paisley on October 06, 2008, 01:36:49 PM
I also personally recommend anything Marshall Laww is in, which usually includes the Trial and Dunke and the Wench Auction. 

Marshall Laww is no longer with the faire, but Trial and Dunke is still hilarious (especially if you are bundled up while the poor sods are getting dunked). There should be some amusing themed events for Halloween, but they haven't released the schedule for them yet. There's been some awesome guest performers the past few weekends, but they haven't told anyone who they are for that weekend yet either...keep your eyes on parenfaire.com over the next few weeks!

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on October 01, 2008, 02:34:44 PM
My husband and i  and my  son will be at the faire for pirate weekend . October 11-12th. Not sure  which day yet.

Then my husband  and I  alone, will be going back down to Pennslyvannia  for our 10'th wedding anniversary  the weekend of Oct 24- 26.  Planning a second honeymoon.     Right now  we plan  on going to faire on closing Sunday  !   Unless the weather turns bad and  saturday ends up being the better of  the two days. But  right now  we are shooting for closing Sunday.
  So i hope to see you all there. Maybe we can  pop open  some glasses of wine and  drink to my 10'th anniversary  and  many more years  to come ! :)

Lady Amy - Milord and I will also be at PARF on the 11th. So if that's the day you choose to attend, if you see us please say hello!  :)

Lady Amy of York

Lady de la Warr,
  I'm not sure which day we will be there . We are planning one day at faire, and one day at railroad museum in Stratsburg. We have to go there every year with our son. He loves trains !   I am  shooting for  Saturday to be faire  day, but all depends on the weather. They keep changing the forecast. at first it was suppose to be 90% chance of  heavy rain on Saturday, but now i see it maybe sunny.  I don't mind a light rain, but heavy rain is  a different story.  Heck, it is almost cold enough here for snow !
  But anyway, if we do go Saturday, I will look for you.   I plan on wearing my pirate captain garb  for pirate weekend.So if you see  a tall red head  with a   Velvet  tricorn hat, black frock coat, white blouse, red pirate vest, and a long black skirt, it maybe  me  !  That or i have a twin sister i don't know about ! ;D
  Hope to be able to say hello  to you. Oh and before I forget  congrads  to you and your new husband. I  saw  the  pics  posted on here from the wedding  . What a beautiful bride  you were, and a happy couple you two make ! :)  Wish you years  of happiness.
                    - Lady Amy
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

BubbleWright

Dear Lady Amy... I just checked the weather report for the Shire and it is calling for sunny and 70 degrees F. I will be at Faire on Saturday but not with the Renaissance Bubble Machine. Instead I will be bringing my 41" Radio Controlled pirate ship which is swarming with pirates. I'm sure your nipperkin will be intrigued. Look for a not very fearsome pirate pulling a wooden wagon with a pirate ship upon it.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: BubbleWright on October 07, 2008, 10:07:10 PM
Dear Lady Amy... I just checked the weather report for the Shire and it is calling for sunny and 70 degrees F. I will be at Faire on Saturday but not with the Renaissance Bubble Machine. Instead I will be bringing my 41" Radio Controlled pirate ship which is swarming with pirates. I'm sure your nipperkin will be intrigued. Look for a not very fearsome pirate pulling a wooden wagon with a pirate ship upon it.

Sounds  wonderful !  Send  some of that warm air up this  way  please  ! It was 29 here last night  and  did not get out of  the  40's  today !
Does anyone  know  what the temps have been getting down to at night there  ?   Here has been down to the low  30's.    My son is just  getting over a  cold.  I  don't  want him  to get cold, but i don't want to overdress the poor child  either and have him get overheated!     :)
   The pirate ship  sounds neat !     I have a huge pond in my front yard, and I keep telling my husband i want to build  a model of a pirate ship  someday  to put  on it  ! ;D
  Of course i told both  my husband  and  son they are being traitors  this weekend.  Normally  they  sometimes dress as pirates  with me, especially my son,  but  my husband is dressing in his noble  attire  and  my son wants  to wear his  knight outfit.   So i will be  the only   pirate.   I told  them i may just need to make  them walk  the  plank, and  find  me  a new  crew ! ;D ;)

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on October 06, 2008, 10:37:45 PM
Lady de la Warr,
  I'm not sure which day we will be there . We are planning one day at faire, and one day at railroad museum in Stratsburg. We have to go there every year with our son. He loves trains !   I am  shooting for  Saturday to be faire  day, but all depends on the weather. They keep changing the forecast. at first it was suppose to be 90% chance of  heavy rain on Saturday, but now i see it maybe sunny.  I don't mind a light rain, but heavy rain is  a different story.  Heck, it is almost cold enough here for snow !
  But anyway, if we do go Saturday, I will look for you.   I plan on wearing my pirate captain garb  for pirate weekend.So if you see  a tall red head  with a   Velvet  tricorn hat, black frock coat, white blouse, red pirate vest, and a long black skirt, it maybe  me  !  That or i have a twin sister i don't know about ! ;D
  Hope to be able to say hello  to you. Oh and before I forget  congrads  to you and your new husband. I  saw  the  pics  posted on here from the wedding  . What a beautiful bride  you were, and a happy couple you two make ! :)  Wish you years  of happiness.
                    - Lady Amy

OK - I will try to keep an eye out for you too! I certainly hope we can say hello! As far as weather goes - I'm originally from NE Ohio so I learned LONG ago to NEVER pay ANY attention to the weather reports until the night before - at the EARLIEST!! So I will determine what I will wear sometime Friday - or maybe even Saturday morning. If it's going to be rainy I will most likely wear my green gown - it's the only gown I have that can get wet without ruining it (and if it does ruin it so be it - I'll just make another). If it's a nice sunny, but cool, day I will most likely be in my blue gown. Gotta get some wear out of that thing before the season is out!!

And thanks so much for the congrats and warm wishes! We are really very happy and we are very blessed that we have such wonderful friends and families and had such a lovely day for our wedding.  :)

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 08, 2008, 01:00:11 PM
Quote from: Lady Amy of York on October 06, 2008, 10:37:45 PM
Lady de la Warr,
                    - Lady Amy

OK - I will try to keep an eye out for you too! I certainly hope we can say hello! As far as weather goes - I'm originally from NE Ohio so I learned LONG ago to NEVER pay ANY attention to the weather reports until the night before - at the EARLIEST!! So I will determine what I will wear sometime Friday - or maybe even Saturday morning. If it's going to be rainy I will most likely wear my green gown - it's the only gown I have that can get wet without ruining it (and if it does ruin it so be it - I'll just make another). If it's a nice sunny, but cool, day I will most likely be in my blue gown. Gotta get some wear out of that thing before the season is out!!

And thanks so much for the congrats and warm wishes! We are really very happy and we are very blessed that we have such wonderful friends and families and had such a lovely day for our wedding.  :)

LOl,I am the same way.  i wait until the night before  and then plan what i am going to wear.   Hard to do though when you are traveling.   So i will just pack  for  warm  and  cool weather.  Thank goodness I have  a big suitcase ! ;D And it's  on wheels  too. :) Oh and if i bring the big suitcase, that means  more  room  for   new purchases  at  the faire ! ;D ;D

Yes, it is  a blessing when you have  good  friends  and family  around ! :)

Lady de la Warr

OH - I know all about the special uses for those big suitcases! We travel quite a bit to attend different faires too - much like yourself, if we are going to a "northerly" location I always bring a little bit of everything regarding cool/warm weather so I'm covered no matter what!

Hopefully we'll see you soon!  :)

beeboy

all you people coming the last weekend should stop by The Bee Folks, where I work.  right on main street (food row)

Lady de la Warr

Milord - we shall make a point of it!  :)

April

I'm thinking of heading up for Saturday... Anyone else from PRF going?
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Lady de la Warr

Cool! I sure hope you can make it down April! It would be great to see you!  :)

SrEstebanLegaspi

The family and I will be there both days. I will likely not be in garb due to the dismal forecast but we're still going. I'll be damned if I let a little weather keep me away from the closing weekend...
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

April

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 22, 2008, 07:24:04 PM

I'm hoping to bring Ryan with me, as well.
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: April on October 22, 2008, 09:23:48 PM
Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 22, 2008, 07:24:04 PM

I'm hoping to bring Ryan with me, as well.

Oh! Well double cool!

Hope to see you both then! :)