News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RENAISSANCE PLEASURE FAIRE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Started by willin, May 07, 2008, 03:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willin

The Renaissance Pleasure Faire
(the original Renaissance Faire - the grandaddy of them all)

is on for two more weekends this year May 10-11 & May 17-18

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/viewEvent.asp?eventID=233

http://renfair.com/socal/index.php
GOT FEET ?

Scarlytt Pyrates

We were wondering if the faire would still be going strong on the last weekend - we'll be there anyway - from Arizona!
Scarlytt Pyrates
Scarlytt Pyrates!

willin

the last weekend is usually one of the busiest
GOT FEET ?

Blushing

Quote from: Scarlytt Pyrates on May 08, 2008, 04:52:31 PM
We were wondering if the faire would still be going strong on the last weekend - we'll be there anyway - from Arizona!
Scarlytt Pyrates

It will be!  And closing parade is often hilarious ... although in sometimes odd ways.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Luciana

Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Scarlytt Pyrates

That's great! The pictures look nice! When does the parade start? Do they still have "ring-out?" I hav'nt been to the Pleasure Faire since 1988!!! and Captain Rose has never been there!! See y'all on Saturday and Sunday - we will be wearing red coats!
Scarlytt Pyrates!

Luciana

* sigh *
I'm not sure of the schedule. I'm not sure if I'll make it there ... and I have tickets. go figure ...
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

irish

My brother is on vacation/businees in Southern Cali. and said he saw there was a faire near him. I told him to do to the faire and look  8) for "R/F" pins and introduce himself.
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Element of Air

When I was living in Cali this fair always seemed to have so much more mundanes in it that people in garb. That was a few years ago. It also seemed to have a lot of very hastily made garb worn by some of the patrons.... I was kind of saddened by this. Can someone let me know if it is still the same?

Also are the trolls still there? I have been told that they were replaced by a reptile exhibit.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Sir Michael Geare

It has been a long but fun run once again.  I don't know when you last visited so have no reference to go by as to whether or not there be more or less mundanes.  In my opinion, I would have to say that perhaps there is a 50/50 ratio now.  Attendance has been up every weekend except for 2 days.  If you provide a more concrete date than I will be more than happy to provide you with a summary.

As for the Trolls ... sadly the Trolls were not there this season due to what I hear as personal reasons.  Perhaps he shall return next year for he has been missed.  Being that we are now the port town of Deptford, it is understandable certain things must change.  On a bit of sad news, the Bold and Stupid Men did their last performance together this season at the faire.  They have decided like so many others to go their separate ways and explore other venues.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Blushing

About time you joined us kronos!

Who got the the fun tall feathered hats?!  It IS sad ... but change is part of life.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Sir Michael Geare

Have we already forgotten? I was here before....just been occupied and haven't logged on in quite some time. Just because the last time I was on was before the revamping is besides the point.

I don't know who got the feathers but one pair was held on the last day by a lucky mundane dressed patron.

For those who have no idea what closing parade on the last day encompasses, I shall upload some pics to give you a peek.

Element of Air

*Sigh* well I hope that where ever the trolls may roam, they do so in Happiness.

The last year I was there must have been in 2005. :( *Sniff* So long ago! I am pleased that the numbers have picked up, even after its move from Glen Helen. I liked it better there than at the Dam. But I have not been back in three years so It might have looked up a bit since then!

Thank you so much for the information Kronos. Perhaps if I am able to attend another year, I shall seek you out and say hello!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Sir Michael Geare

It would be a pleasure to make your acquintance.  If you do happen to make it out, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Element of air on June 07, 2008, 01:11:34 AM
*Sigh* well I hope that where ever the trolls may roam, they do so in Happiness.

The last year I was there must have been in 2005. :( *Sniff* So long ago! I am pleased that the numbers have picked up, even after its move from Glen Helen. I liked it better there than at the Dam. But I have not been back in three years so It might have looked up a bit since then!

Thank you so much for the information Kronos. Perhaps if I am able to attend another year, I shall seek you out and say hello!

Sir Michael Geare

A small taste of what Closing Parade looks like on the last weekend.  Be afraid ...