News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend, Who's coming??

Started by Lady Gwyndolyn, October 01, 2008, 12:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gwyndolyn

As of right now there is 10 days until opening. I am depressed that I am going to miss the last days of Holly, but with al that is going on, I am staying very busy with getting the last things done for MMRF. 

The partners have all been asking if I know how many and/or who all is coming opening weekend, so I figured the best thing to do is ask, who all is planning on coming to the newest Renaissance Festival in Michigan it's opening weekend? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

nliedel

Probably me, if I can get the dress finished in time. Yes, I obsess.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Cateyes

I am very excited to go opening weekend!

Aldwulf

:POooooooooooooooo i'll be there i'll be there  :P

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

either first or second weekend for the wife and I.

darkranger

money stupid money, won't be there opening weekend but hopefully soon.
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

nliedel

I'm an addict. I admit it. I'm working on garb for a cast member at mmrf and now I've done it. I went to Joanne's and hit the red tag upholstery sale today, half off already half off. I got a wonderful panel for an underskirt and this glorious gold fabric for the rest of the dress. I saved enough of the panel to go around the bottom of the gold skirt and have some blue for an inset in the bodice. Now I need to make a French Hood, or an ariefet to match. I'm getting ready to watch, The Tudors again and pleat the skirt. All this done by next weekend. Save me. Plus working my last weekend at MiRF.

I'm taking on a French character. A RICH French character. I'm dead tired of no bling. Bling me out bay-bay

Countess Nancy de la Raine, at your service. Or some such nonsense.

Guinevere of Leonesse

Quote from: nliedel on October 02, 2008, 01:09:30 PM
I'm an addict. I admit it. I'm working on garb for a cast member at mmrf and now I've done it. I went to Joanne's and hit the red tag upholstery sale today, half off already half off. I got a wonderful panel for an underskirt and this glorious gold fabric for the rest of the dress. I saved enough of the panel to go around the bottom of the gold skirt and have some blue for an inset in the bodice. Now I need to make a French Hood, or an ariefet to match. I'm getting ready to watch, The Tudors again and pleat the skirt. All this done by next weekend. Save me. Plus working my last weekend at MiRF.

I'm taking on a French character. A RICH French character. I'm dead tired of no bling. Bling me out bay-bay

Countess Nancy de la Raine, at your service. Or some such nonsense.

Sounds blooming marvelous my dear. :)

We are coming of course but not until the Sunday though. We have decided to get dressed in costume, me in green again, my beloved in burgundy and black and little Lucy in her yellow knitted pretty dress. :) I would love to get a black cloak made but can't see it happening.... oh well. We wouldn't miss this festival for the world. :D
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

Poldugarian Warrior

Unfortunately, I used up all my vacation and sick days from work. So maybe next year. But I may be able to make arrangements like a shift swap or somethin, but management at my work hates to cooperate with its employees so it's a long shot.

nliedel

Quote from: Guinevere of Leonesse on October 02, 2008, 03:26:30 PM

We are coming of course but not until the Sunday though. We have decided to get dressed in costume, me in green again, my beloved in burgundy and black and little Lucy in her yellow knitted pretty dress. :) I would love to get a black cloak made but can't see it happening.... oh well. We wouldn't miss this festival for the world. :D

hmmmm, coming on Sunday? Maybe I should change my plans? I'm coming alone and I hate alone all the time.

Guinevere of Leonesse

Quote from: nliedel on October 03, 2008, 06:26:48 AM

hmmmm, coming on Sunday? Maybe I should change my plans? I'm coming alone and I hate alone all the time.

Well if you come Sunday, you can hang around with us, we'd be delighted to have you with us. We are planning to be there for 9am hopefully. A long drive for us...wow but it's worth it. :)

Lady Gwyndolyn

Quote from: Guinevere of Leonesse on October 03, 2008, 06:56:35 AM

Well if you come Sunday, you can hang around with us, we'd be delighted to have you with us. We are planning to be there for 9am hopefully. A long drive for us...wow but it's worth it. :)

Hey!!  What am I?? Chopped Liver?? YUK!!!  I'll be there too to hang around with.  Ya know I won't be busy all the time!!  LOL
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Guinevere of Leonesse

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on October 03, 2008, 09:53:10 AM
Quote from: Guinevere of Leonesse on October 03, 2008, 06:56:35 AM

Hey!!  What am I?? Chopped Liver?? YUK!!!  I'll be there too to hang around with.  Ya know I won't be busy all the time!!  LOL

My dear Lady Gwyndolyn, we would love to have you and your beloved with us too, the more the merrier. :D No, you're not chopped liver, just a beautiful and friendly lady. :)

nliedel

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on October 03, 2008, 09:53:10 AM

My new dear friend. If you think you will be spending social time with people, you've lost it. You're only going to have time to pee, and maybe not even that. Snort. I don't want your job, but I support you. BTW, you need me for ANYTHING, singing, being in character with mundanes, well, you know what I can do. I will do it gladly because I like you so much. Nothing more. Besides, I'm not sure I can turn it off and just be an attendee.

Jon Foster

We are planning to come for the opening weekend. Originally the plan was to come on Saturday but one of our daughters may be competing in a color guard / flag corps thing on Saturday. Soo, we may end up coming on Sunday instead.  :(

Jon.

Lady Caroline

I look forward to seeing all of your photos, from opening weekend.  We want to come, and will have to drive 4-5 hours to get there.  I like to know what to expect first though.....  I hope you all have a great time!

sealion

It doesn't look like we will be able to make the trip before the final weekend becasue of Homecoming and two weddings.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

AnyuBoo

Hubby's work prevents us from being there opening weekend, but we're aiming to be there on the 18th and looking forward to seeing fellow Rennies.   :) Our last trip to MiRF was on Aug 31st, and we're definitely going through Rennie withdrawal.   :P
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

nliedel

The dress will not be done till Sunday, so it's Sunday.

Guinevere of Leonesse

Quote from: nliedel on October 09, 2008, 06:57:24 AM
The dress will not be done till Sunday, so it's Sunday.

You're not the only one making something new, well besides a cloak, I'm making little Lucy a dark green satin and gold dress to match mine for Sunday. :)

Jon Foster

It's looking more like a Sunday visit for us too.

Jon.

Cyron

yup.. thinking sunday for me.. 90% chance of work on sat.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Looks like not us now, money issues. Might try to make another one.

Lady Gwyndolyn

Many many thanks to those that came to visit us for our grand opening weekend.  We had so much fun and it was very exciting, especially when Channel 5 showed up.  We had a magnificent turn out with wonderful weather.  We look forward to seeing everyone again!

Don't forget this weekend coming up is the Celtic Celebration.

Then Pirates and Pints

Then Haunted Hollows!!!

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley