News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Can anyone tell me the name of the Spanish Knight...

Started by sarita420, May 12, 2008, 12:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarita420

at this year's Scarborough Faire--he's one of the Jousters.

Thanks!

DonaCatalina

http://www.noblecauseproductions.com/new_bryan_bio.html

This is the link to their member list. Sorry but I don't see a Spanish name on there.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

sarita420

but I don't think Noble Cause has updated their website in quite some time *g*  They are too busy righting the wrongs of the world and taking care of the bad guys, me thinks!  They don't have Sir Tristan or Sir Aidan on the website either.

His name sounds like Dmitri--or Mitri.  This past weekend, I referred to him as Dmitri, and he didn't correct me, however, that was not the name the crowd was chanting *during* the Joust!

I figured Dmitri was a rather odd sounding Spanish name :)

Thanks for the help!

Sarita

SirRichardBear

They say champion of Spain not sure what if any the difference between knight of and champion of means. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

lys1022

The knights that are jousting this season at Scarborough are:

Sir William, Lord of Whitehall (red and white)
Sir Roderick, Prince of Windsor (black and gold)
Sir Aidan, Duke of Bristol (blue and gold/yellow)
Don Mitri, I'll be darned if I didn't just blank on his title, of Madrid (red and blue)

Hope that helps :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

StefanDeDeva

I must admit on the Muddy Bloody Sunday we had a few weeks ago.  Sir Rodrick reminded me of the Black Knight from Monty Python.  He just wouldn't die.

sarita420

That is perfect--my ears must be getting old. Of course "Don"--The Spanish quivalent of a Lord or so, correct and the female equivalent is Dona (don't have the accent mark for the "n").

No wonder it sounded like Dmitri--with those "Texas" chanting it sounded just like D-mi-tri!

Thanks a million!!

Sarita