News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

wehoo, newbe camper, 5th year to the fair

Started by cigar dave, October 04, 2008, 05:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cigar dave

Just posting a hello to everyone. im hoping to meet a few people and have a good time at the fair this year again. now that i have a camper, i will be camping. there are all kinds of rumors on how crazy the camping can get, and im ok with that, actually looking forward to it. having camped in Sturgis for the Harley rally several years, i have learned the real fun happens at the campgrounds! im hoping the same holds true here.

i  have not gotten into the authentic costuming yet, but it is my kind of style. Being a comedy kind of guy, and a Monty python fan, all my costums are from the holy grail movie.

Perhaps you have seen me in years past dress as Arthur, belvedere, Tim the enchanter, and this year, if i can get it done in time,,,the knight that says neeeeeee. so if you see me, please say hello! as my name suggests i will be smoking cigars, if you are a cigar person; defiantly try and find me and we can burn a stick.

here is two picts from last year....ya, i know im a dork, but im ok with that..
in dont know the guy in the photo with me, hope he doesnt mind me posting...

Yrose

You'll have a blast Cigar Dave. Make sure you come by the POW at noon to meet alot of the RF members. The Man in the pic is Lord A, he passed to another wizard world last  year, so the pic must be from the year before. His queen you can meet, she is Queen Bonnie and will be there most weekends.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Macintyre

the Arther costume is cool, but i love the Tim better.

Lord Duelist

Just wanted to say: I love the costumes.

Being relatively new, it may be a while before I have garb of my own but I definitely will not be a mundane forever.

Reaper

Love the Tim headgear. That's what I've been attempting to get made with my new horns. I'm working on the new troll persona and hopefully will be able to get the headgear done opening weekend. Gonna let Rev take a look see and see if he can work some magic for me..
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

cigar dave

thanks for the welcome!

so sorry to hear about Lord A, he seemed like a really great guy.

i am partial to the tim costume as well, it was a fun costume to make!

now i just hope i can figure out how the whole camping thing works, and i can find a spot for my truck!
there is several issues we have not worked out yet, bring the generator to have a/c or not, to bring fire wood and rent a pit or not, bring the big canapy i have or not.....you hate to not bring something an wish you would, but you dont want to over load the truck and burn more ga$ for stuff you could have dont with out.

Macintyre

just bring what you'll need for for the camp site.  if you're going to be inside fair all day, then the generator might not be needed or the canopy(unless rain is expected...not to jinx us or anything), and i would bring the fire pit and wood.

cigar dave

how much is it to rent a pit there? if i bring one, is there any rules on the type?

MacLaren

To my knowledge, there are no rentals. Bring your own pit and wood is my suggestion. The rule is no open fires. A pavilion would be a good idea as well. Join us at row 8 with McLotofus, and I'm sure someone will point you toward a good spot nearby, if not in the Clan's area. We're a friendly bunch, and love new friends.

See you soon,
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Yrose

I've heard there are rentals at the quickie-mart, but not sure. No open fires on ground. If you have one of the round pits like most have for the back yard your good.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

mieljolie

Quote from: Yrose on October 06, 2008, 10:31:31 AM
I've heard there are rentals at the quickie-mart, but not sure. No open fires on ground. If you have one of the round pits like most have for the back yard your good.

This is true.  They do rent them at the quickie-mart.  I'm guessing it is first come first serve, though.  For convenience, we rented one last year for $25, but got $10 back, I think, for returning it.  Just couldn't fit our own in the Honda Accord with 4 people.  :)
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

cigar dave

well it would be wort ten bucks i guess, we will see how the loading goes..

Lady Laura

I also like your idea about using the MP themed garb.  And I don't smoke cigars, but I'll keep an eye out for ya anyway mate!
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

Spanish_Peacock

Outstanding Cigar Dave!

When one of my nephews was 11, he asked for The Holy Grail dvd for his birthday and his mom refused on moral grounds or 'sumpin.
He took his lawn mowing money and bought it for himself.
Now he can quote chapter and verse with the best of us...erm, them. I meant them  8)

The new generation is coming up fine. Just fine!

/This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere
"He who shall, so shall he who!"
-Puke & Snot

Queen Bonnie

Glad you joined us Cigar Dave! I remember you!  Nice picture with Lord Ambrosius. I sure miss him. See you at TRF!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

cigar dave

finally! after 3 years i talked my friends into wearing my costumes and making a little holy grail band. i was tons of fun, some people got it, others didn't  ::).

only problem is, once im done with the knight who says nie costume, ill have to find yet another to play along.....think i may need some new friends who are more willing to have some fun! Though after these two saw how much fun it was, im betting they will do it again.

Tanyor

I saw your  Rabbit of Caerbannog in Vaults pictures. Bwahaha. Man When I first saw that movie I thought the bunny made the movie. I need to go watch it again.

valt

Actually that was a different Tim.  The Tim in cigar dave's group, unless I am mistaken, was female behind the wiskers.  Didn't realize that was your crew cigar dave, otherwise I would have hunted you down for a shot.  I did see your group walking through the festival and thought it was great.  Hope to see the knight who says nie added to the group.

cigar dave

that was me vault, i started the day as tim. after lunch i let Jolynn dress as tim, and i broke out belvedere. this was his first outing and it was a blast!

Tanyor

Yeah Vault I think your right. CigarDave pulled a fast one.

valt

Ah, the old switch-a-roo, well played sir.  :)