News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You know the econmoy is bad when...

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, October 06, 2008, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

When restaraunts dole out condiments like it's gold.

I was at a national chain having breakfast this morning and overheard the server at an adjoining booth tell the guests she was not supposed to leave the catsup bottle on the table. They had to take what they needed and hand it over.(To be fair, she dropped it off and then came back around for it a minute later).  I had to laugh. That's just sad. I mean... it's catsup for heavens sake.

I felt so honored when they let me keep the catsup AND the jelly caddy.

Captain Jack Wolfe

The only stocks worth investing in are made of oak or pine and have a big padlock.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

brier patch charlie

When you pet ( cat/ dog) fix's dinner for you!
Charles Coleman

PurpleDragon

when your pet (dog/cat) IS dinner for you.   

((yeah, I know I'm going to hell for this one))
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

brier patch charlie

When the wood privacy fence in the back yard becomes fire wood to heat your home in winter.
   And cook FIFI for dinner.
Charles Coleman

white trillium

When your department announces that you're moving out of downtown, away from most bus lines and the rest of the company and the overriding question from the employees is "So we're not laying anyone off, right?" not "Wait, it's going to take me how long to get to work now?!?"
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Tom

You see Bill Gate playing the lottery.

(OK, I stole it from Jay Leno (or his writers :P) but it's still funny.)
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Demetrius

...when the store has a sale on ramen and you still can't afford to buy it.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

When your supper now consistes of Rock-n-Roll Spaghetti and Rock-n-Roll Tomato soup

(Ramen with hot ketcup and hot water with ketcup)

This was a REAL meal of the hair metal bands inthe late 89's early 90's Guys could not afford food and ramen and ketcup was cheap, so they ate it. This is a true fact
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Captain Jack Wolfe

.. you don't know which fall strikes you as the most disastrous: Humpty Dumpty, the value of your 401K, or the ratings for the new "Knight Rider" TV show.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Demetrius

...you can't afford to buy the mobile home you grew up in.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

When you find a cardboard box and feel it would make the perfect home for yourself under a nice bridge
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady de Laney on October 10, 2008, 11:25:04 AM
When you find a cardboard box and feel it would make the perfect home for yourself under a nice bridge

...but decide instead to jump off of said bridge.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Demetrius on October 10, 2008, 11:39:16 AM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on October 10, 2008, 11:25:04 AM

...but decide instead to jump off of said bridge.

When the fire dept, police dept, and rescue teams who are there to rescue you decide to join you

When you use your socks for mittens to keep your hands warm and it's the middle of summer

When a McDonald's double cheese burger is a high class gormet meal

When dumpster diving for store and restuarant scraps is sounding like a great idea just so you can eat.
"The Metal Maiden"