News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FM-1488 - Phase I Complete

Started by Ethan Northforest, October 06, 2008, 05:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

exiting 242 or 1488....well, 242, a few lights, higher speed limit....1488, lower speed limit in that area up to 242, sometimes congested... it's a personal choice really.  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

PurpleDragon

I would say take the 242 exit because that is JUST about where the traffic from Conroe starts backing up real bad and you can avoid that mess.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Lady Laura

I may try your suggestion going up Friday since it will be around 8:30, and there shouldn't be any traffic headed west.  Then I can see if I like it better than 105. Although now I'm kinda partial to going that way.  Seeing the lake, the Sonic, the little convenience store by the Burger King!  And we pig out at Taco Bell without fail everytime we leave on Sunday!  I see a junk food pattern here  :-[
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Lady Laura on October 07, 2008, 01:39:51 PM
I may try your suggestion going up Friday since it will be around 8:30, and there shouldn't be any traffic headed west.  Then I can see if I like it better than 105. Although now I'm kinda partial to going that way.  Seeing the lake, the Sonic, the little convenience store by the Burger King!  And we pig out at Taco Bell without fail everytime we leave on Sunday!  I see a junk food pattern here  :-[

GOOD NEWS Lady Laura!!!  Magnolia now has a TACO BELL, LOL!   :o ;D :o  You will see it when you get more into Magnolia proper.  ;)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Ethan Northforest

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on October 07, 2008, 02:21:39 PM

GOOD NEWS Lady Laura!!!  Magnolia now has a TACO BELL, LOL!   :o ;D :o  You will see it when you get more into Magnolia proper.  ;)

Crazy, huh?  I think getting that Taco Bell and Target shopping center elevates us to "major city" status now!  ;)

I live right near that 2978 and 1488 intersection - driving 20 minutes to get to TRF is still too long when you're excited about getting there!

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Ethan Northforest on October 07, 2008, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: Bonny Pearl on October 07, 2008, 02:21:39 PM

Crazy, huh?  I think getting that Taco Bell and Target shopping center elevates us to "major city" status now!  ;)

I live right near that 2978 and 1488 intersection - driving 20 minutes to get to TRF is still too long when you're excited about getting there!

lol!  I know what ya mean!

We are on the far west end of Magnolia, about 5 minutes from the fairegrounds and THAT is still too long, lol!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Yrose

It is too far when your excited about going to fair, but if you need a break or shower it sure is sweet!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Ethan Northforest

Quote from: Yrose on October 07, 2008, 03:03:48 PM
It is too far when your excited about going to fair, but if you need a break or shower it sure is sweet!

'Tis true.  There have been a couple of times where being able to run and pick up something left behind or quickly take in some 21st century living has been nice.

JackGonzo, MD

Last four days I've driven from Minute Maid Park to 59 to the Toll Road to 45 to 1488 to 1774 without any traffic what so ever...not sure if that helps but it's what I've been doing
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Lady Laura

Thanks JackGonzo and everyone else for the information.  I'll be headed through downtown tomorrow morning at 7:30 and the traffic on 45 headed north usually isn't too bad that time of morning.  But I have plenty of options now for when I have to head up to festival at 4:00 on Friday Oct 24.  Now that's going to be a congested mess!  I'm printing all your posts and googling the areas so if I have to change my route I'll know what I'm doing!

Again, thanks!
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester