News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mead run

Started by SleepyArcher, October 07, 2008, 02:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Their doors are open from 10am-4pm I believe.  For the caravan we met up in the Target parking lot off of 694 and Hwy 65.  Takes about an hour to get there.  Ideally the best plan would be to meet up and head out no later than 8:45-9am so we can get there about 10am.  Plenty of time to hang out for awhile to "sample" everything, sober up, and head back out.   ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Noble Dreg

I am a tad confused, no surprise really...What date are we talking about???

Thanks
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Muffin

We are talking about Saturday Oct. 18th Dreg..  ;D

Hope you can make it, I'd like to hear more scary stories of the toilet replacement saga so I can add more to the list of "better you than me" hee hee!!

xoxo
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

SleepyArcher

do they take CC or is all cash or check???
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Lady Figaro

They do take plastic.  At least, they did last year.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Capt. Bacardi

So what time are we going to meet then, 10 would be a lot better for me. I will most likely close the night before so I will need a little sleep.  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

SleepyArcher

how well does this stuff store? I have two large containers that Im just going to put corks in them, is that good enough? Or do I really have to store them on those brown bottles witht he locking lids? I suppose I can either get more bottles or drink a lot of loki....hmmmmm what to do, what to do?  ???   ???   ???   ::)   ::)   ::) 
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Noble Dreg

Last years batch did not keep particularly well for me...It got kind of "fizzy".  A couple of corks darn near blew across the room when I opened them with a "blade" opener.  All the more reason for me to make an early New-Years resolution...

I, Noble Dreg, on this 11th day of October here do by swear any mead I purchase this Fall will not survive to see the New-Year!
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Vexed Viscount

Now *that's* a resolution I'll raise a glass to!
"A witty Saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

Lady Figaro

Fig went through his so fast last year that we didn't have to worry about storing it.   ;D  We'll have to figure out a way to make sure it stays good through the move this year!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Capt. Bacardi

So what time does everyone want to meet on Sat???

As I thought I have to close Fri night....
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

William_MacKean

Most product sold from this point forward is run thru a flash pasturizer.  It kills off the yeast once and for all.  We have also noticed that it pulls a little more of the base flavor out so the product has more taste.  Still, it is reccommended to store it in lower than 70 degree area.  I store in my 65 degree basement and fridge.  No problems.

Also:
My Saturday plans fell thru.  I'll be there this weekend!

Noble Dreg

Are you saying my mead is even tastier!?

Have you no mercy man!?

Lord, there goes the car payment... ;D

William_MacKean

I hope to have more news for the mead lovers in the next month.  BIG news.  Possibly ginormous.

Sorry, no hints.  <--- Howz that for no mercy?   ;D

Noble Dreg

Do I dare hope...Sting?

You tease!