News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Started by Julianne, October 08, 2008, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julianne

http://nbcam.org/
And there are many other sites available.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime when women don't have to be forced to mutilation in order to avoid this most egregious disease.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime when reconstructive surgery was included after amputation.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime when we as a society stop sexualizing the female breast and again hold it in the high regard that it serves to sustain new-life.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime that I don't have to undergo such pain and degradation in order to foresee possible problems, i.e. the mammogram.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime that not one more young girl feel any less womanly because of the dimensions of her cup size.

I'd like to see the day in my lifetime that men who have manboobs...have to, by law, wear a bra when jogging.
:P ;)

Seriously though,  many, many, many retail companies are donating proceeds of their sales to various foundations right now.  If you can do some early holiday shopping...even a little ...now is a good time.

thanks.

Muffin

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!  :-*

I've known too many people that have been affected with this awful disease, and none of them are ever far from my mind....
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Celtic Lady

Renfairepirate has pins that he sells for breast cancer. I bought a few from him and I'm wearing mine everyday at work and wherever i go. Mines say "Protect Our Treasured Chests". I added a pink ribbon to it as well.

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

nliedel

Today I am going for a core biopsy and possibly have breast cancer. I have one thing to say on the subject. Don't be a boob, get your mammogram on time. I was a dork. Don't be like me.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Muffin

Quote from: nliedel on October 09, 2008, 06:50:20 AM
Today I am going for a core biopsy and possibly have breast cancer. I have one thing to say on the subject. Don't be a boob, get your mammogram on time. I was a dork. Don't be like me.

*hugs* Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette