News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Northwest Arkansas Festival - UPDATE!

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, October 09, 2008, 12:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Greetings All,
     Just wanted to pass along the most updated information from the gentleman who owns NwARF - due to unforeseen events, this year's faire originally scheduled for October 25th & 26th is postponed this year.  As I recieve information from my director I will pass it along to you all.  Please bear with us as we see to the future of the faire.

Fair Winds,
Emerald
One of the board members for NwARF
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Emerald Shaunassey

Update as of 14 Oct 2008 - This just in from the gent who owns the festival:

Hello Folks,

Okay, I'm bending to the pressure again. I've been getting hundreds of emails from vendors and patrons alike. I'm going to go ahead with the faire, but I don't have money for anybody; so, this is going to be a volunteer only entertainment faire. As for the last minute timing, the vendors are not being required to pay a vending fee, but they are being asked for some kind of donation, whatever they think they can afford. This is a this-year-only thing. Also, this year is going to be free to the public, because of the last minute and lack of funds for the entertainment. I'm going to secure a site this week and send out massive notices to emails, newspapers, radio stations, etc. If you are or know of entertainers who can make it to this year's faire on a volunteer basis and on such short notice, email them please.

Oct 25-26
Somewhere in Fayetteville (the alternate site canceled)
Don

So the highlights are:
- Free admission for patrons
- No vendors fee; donations only based on what vendor can afford to pay
- Entertainment will be volunteer basis only, no paying spots
- Site TBA
- These things are this year only

I encourage those of you in and around the area to come out, join with me and TLotSK and help support this faire.  Don has had some things occur this year and could really use the show of support for him and the faire he wishes to craft. 

I will keep information posted here as it becomes available to me.

Fair Winds,
Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

HUZZAH!  Thanks for the update!  I'll pass the word to Leghorn.  I'm sure he's already seen it but who knows?  I'll take all of the local faires I can get.  Grammercy!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Glad to be of assistance Craig.  Here is the address and a link to Google Maps that Don sent out via the Faire's yahoo group:

Stroke It Driving Range on Wedington Ave in Fayetteville is being bought out by Walmart and turned into a Neighborhood Market. They're letting us use the place for our faire this year. The address is:

3485 W Wedington Dr
Fayetteville, AR

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3485+W+Wedington+Dr++Fayetteville,+AR+&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.224889,93.164063&ie=UTF8&ll=36.0785,-94.208021&spn=0.010301,0.030899&z=16&iwloc=addr

I've not been to this location before so I cannot give any information about it.  Don't know if there is anything about it on the net, haven't had time to check yet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it!
Emerald

Craigmeister

I've spread the word to Leghorn & Gandalf.  Lary said that he would be there.  See you soon!  Godspeed!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

Come one, come all.  Visit me in my new booth.  I have nothing to sell, only things to share.  I will have flyers showing all of the Renaissance and Medieval Faires within a day or 2 drive of northeast Oklahoma.

I know it takes a lot of research time to find local faires.  One has to look on several websites because none of them have all of the events listed.  The 3 new ones I have discovered this fall have been by word-of-mouth.  To date, no websites have listed them.  My flyers will list faires for the remainder of this fall all of the way into next fall.  I'll also have other things on the flyers. 

I'd like to have a large map stretching from Colorado to Missouri down to the Texas coast.  I want to mark the sites of faires in those states so people can get a visual idea of where the realms are.  I may not be able to pull that off in time as I'm off to Wichita's Great Plains Renfest this weekend.  I'll have that in order by the first faire I set up a booth in next year though.

If anyone would like to discuss putting their faire, act, website or anything else in my flyers, please send me a direct message.