News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sir Dragon has passed

Started by Lady_Glorianna, October 18, 2008, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena

I'm saddened about Sir Dragon's passing. Prayers and sympathy are sent out to you, Lady G.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Amras Elfwine

M'Lady, I am just in from Revel Grove...shared many memories and toasts for Ron there today...we shall misshim, just as we will always treasure him...

The Spirit of Ren!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady Jai

((Hugs)) and prayers of strength for you. 
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

RenRobin

Lady Glorianna,
You and your family are in my prayers.  I am so very sorry for the loss of Ron.  May God's hand guide you and protect you and know He is with you and will give you strenght.
Loki-terr (in training)

jmkhalfmoon

Dear Glorianna,

I am so sorry to read about the loss of Ron, I thought about the two of you yesterday at MDRF.  The right words escape me, but I am sorry for your loss

Peddlin

Be thankful for every moment you had, and remember that he has gone to create a place for you, and he will be waiting. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and if we can do something, know that we are here.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

SirBlackFox

We are all blessed that much more in our lives for having Ron be a part.  When my mom passed, the preacher pointed out what was the most important part of a tombstone's inscription. 
It's not the name. 
It's not the year of passing nor the birth date. 
The most important part is the dash between those dates, as it represents every person touched by Ron in his lifetime.

So a toast to Ron's "dash."

Hip Hip Huzzahh,
Hip Hip Huzzahh,
Hip Hip Huzzahh.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

DonaCatalina

You have my deepest sympathies. I know the last months have been difficult. Platitudes don't really help with a wound so deep, but sometimes its hard to find the words for us to let you know that we understand your loss.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BLAKDUKE

My lady and my most profound sympathies  He shall be missed................
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Scarlett

My most sincerest and deepest of sympathies dear lady.  I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you both a few years ago.  Yesterday was indeed a solemn day at Revel Grove.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Lady de la Warr

I am so sorry luv. I cannot even hope to imagine that I understand how you are feeling. I have lost many people I loved deeply - but never a husband. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you - I pray that God gives you strength and comfort in the coming days.

If there is anything you need we are here for you - all you need to do is ask and we'll be there.

I have sent you a renmail with my personal contact information.

Master James

We just found out yesterday at MDRF.  My heart goes out to you but know that Ron is now in a far better place and is finally at peace.  Let us know about arrangements if you can.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Guinness

Lady Glorianna~ my heart aches for you and the pain you are feeling. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Hugs my friend.

Capt. Morgan

So...THAT must have been what made Faire all the more glorious when I stood...transfixed in the middle and looked up to the blue sky with crimson leaves and ashen bark and breathed deep and took in all that was around me...Twas Him...so near...and He shall never leave You, for I have heard His and Your praise be toasted around the Shire.....There is not end as long as names are spoken, and Life is honored....No end....but Oh, my Lady....what an resounding, Eternal Love to you both and...Our thoughts and prayers are with you....

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Scotsman

Our hearts are heavy with you ...

GOD WITH ME LYING
God with me lying down,
God with me rising up,
God with me in each ray of light,
Nor I a ray of joy without him,
Nor one ray without him.

Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
Every day and night,