News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing weekend..........

Started by Lady de la Warr, October 21, 2008, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuinness

It's great to see so many of you will be joining us forthe last weekend; I hope I have a chance to meet and chat with some of you! I'm planning on MAKING some time from my schedule to sneak away for a Scythian show at some point. If you've never seen them before, Scythian is a 4-man Celtic band (anywhere from Celtic rock to traditional to Greek and everything in between) thats been a Celtic Fling mainstay for 3 or 4 years now. They are a MUST SEE, absolutely one of my favorite bands. Come to one of their shows at least to give me an excuse to sit and watch with you for awhile!  ;)

See you all this weekend - bring your ponchos on Saturday!

Scotsman

Saturday had to be one of the most miserable days I have even been at faire ... let me qualify that remark. Not that the faire of folk were bad ... but the weather ... MY GOD, the weather. I did not know that rain cold actually get that cold without turning to ice ...
Still thawing out. This marks the third time a faire that I have attended has been called due to weather ...
That said, it was still good to be there and share time with so many great people. Until next year PA.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

will paisley

Quote from: Scotsman on October 27, 2008, 05:54:32 AM
Saturday had to be one of the most miserable days I have even been at faire ... let me qualify that remark. Not that the faire of folk were bad ... but the weather ... MY GOD, the weather. I did not know that rain cold actually get that cold without turning to ice ...
Still thawing out. This marks the third time a faire that I have attended has been called due to weather ...
That said, it was still good to be there and share time with so many great people. Until next year PA.

Let me get this straight - did you call it quits, or did the faire actually show people the door because of the weather?
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Scotsman

The faire closed at 1600 hrs! Very foul weather.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

April

Quote from: will paisley on October 27, 2008, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: Scotsman on October 27, 2008, 05:54:32 AM

Let me get this straight - did you call it quits, or did the faire actually show people the door because of the weather?

The weather really was horrible.  The Scotsman really was a pitiful sight.  We were all huddled in the brewhouse most of the time.  It was my first time at PARF and the weather was gross...sad...  Now I really can't wait til next year.
I did buy some wine while I was there though!  And my friend that came with me bought a tork that she was hoping they still carried from a couple years back!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Well let me say. . We went Sunday, and man we had a great time. It was my first time there. I really like this faire, it was very nice. It will definetly be on the list of faires to visit. ;)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Scotsman

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on October 27, 2008, 02:06:31 PM
Well let me say. . We went Sunday, and man we had a great time. It was my first time there. I really like this faire, it was very nice. It will definetly be on the list of faires to visit. ;)

Sorry we missed you guy ... but I am sure you are not sorry to have missed that weather on Saturday ... holy smokes!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Oh Man we really missed you guys.But yea,after we heard about the weather on Sat. I was glad we went Sun.The weather was nice.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Maerwynn

Sunday was a great closing day.  We enjoyed the company of our new PARF friends and the many MDRF and VARF friends that were there as well.  Some of us Ladies even got to participate in the Court of Love and had a blast.  However, I think the most fun was the "dragon poop" (mini marshmallows) fight with handheld catapults on Swashbuckler Lane.  Queen Elizabeth was right at the front of the fun with the children around her laughing and having the best time.   I believe this year's queen was the best I have seen there.  Hope to see her back next year as well as our many friends.
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

kcdcchef

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on October 27, 2008, 02:06:31 PM

my wife and i went out sunday. we have an annual tradition to go to parf on the last day of faire. we come out for the celtic fling, then again for the final day of faire. funny thing, we debated about going due to the weather on saturday, man, i am glad we went. amazing day.

Lady de la Warr

I must say the weather on Saturday was indeed atrocious!! And yes - as soon as management saw lightning they basically herded everyone out - can't blame them. I know Scotsman looked miserable - he was soaking wet and shivering. We were all soaking wet so I have to say it was nice getting back to the hotel and into dry clothes. At least one good thing came out of it all though - I found out that my green gown is indeed washable as it got soaked and didn't fall apart and once it dried it's just fine  ;)

Sunday was a gorgeous day and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet up with all my wonderful friends for a last blast of faire (at least until CRF in mid November). I must agree that the dragon poop war was a real hoot! And this year's Queen was absolutely fabulous! I hope they get her back next year as she is really fun to play with!

I'm sad it's gone but I wouldn't trade all the wonderful moments on closing day with all my friends for the world!

McGuinness

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves! (well, with the exception of Saturday anyway. No one was too ecstatis then, I must say). As far as this year's QE1, I can say (unofficially, of course, as its too early to know anything for certain) that she will most likely be back for another year in the role. Looks like we have a few months to wait to hear any confirmations though but you know I'll try to keep you all informed as must as I can and am "allowed".  ;)

As for all the comments in general, definitely pass on what you liked or didn't like to the faire! They always listen to feedback and take patron's comments into serious consideration. There is contact information on the website if you'd like to let them know what you thought about the season: www.parenfaire.com .

Master James

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on October 29, 2008, 02:14:07 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves! (well, with the exception of Saturday anyway. No one was too ecstatis then, I must say). As far as this year's QE1, I can say (unofficially, of course, as its too early to know anything for certain) that she will most likely be back for another year in the role. Looks like we have a few months to wait to hear any confirmations though but you know I'll try to keep you all informed as must as I can and am "allowed".  ;)

As for all the comments in general, definitely pass on what you liked or didn't like to the faire! They always listen to feedback and take patron's comments into serious consideration. There is contact information on the website if you'd like to let them know what you thought about the season: www.parenfaire.com .

Had a GREAT time!  I think I had a better time this year than I've ever had there!  Now I'd like to contact the faire and let them know what I think starting with how bad their website is but I can't find a way on the website short of calling them.  Colleen if you could help out with this that would be fantastic!  I've looked EVERYWHERE but the only contact is for group sales, which I'm not interested in.  Thanks!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

You know - I have to agree with Master James - since PARF redesigned their website it sucks.......no, it REALLY sucks! I can't find a THING on there. So whoever they hired to do it did a terrible job.

McGuinness

I'll have to double-check, but I believe the general email address is royalspk@parenfaire.com . You can also go to the "General Info" tab across the top and there is a "Contact the Faire" form on the left side of the screen. If all else fails, the "snail mail" address is 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim PA 17545.