Magic, Myth, and Legend > Faerie Ring

Faerie Decorating

(1/2) > >>

analise:
I'd like my home to feel a little more....magical. Like a cottage nestled in a faerie glen.

What do you do to get that feeling?

The less expensive, the better. ;)

Amras Elfwine:
Candles...just one will fill a room with magical light...or, tons of them...look to touches of nature inside as well, ie: toadstool motifs...acorns are always nice.  ;D ...also, leaves, flowers and ivy...twinklelights everywhere...my computer room even has two chipmunks frolicking under a palm tree...

analise:
Hee. I think it'll help if I ever get matts and frames for the several prints (of nonstandard sizes) I have. Someone needs to send me a Michael's gift card. =P And I almost spelled that "cad" which is a whole other sort of thing.

I do have some ideas for getting faux greenery garlands to drape over my curtain rods artistically, though. And something percolating to make a neat thing to hang necklaces on using twigs and raffia or ribbon. But I'm not sure what to use for the hooks.

I do need to set more candles out, though. I've got gobs of them but they're all still tucked away here and there.

Twinklelights are good too. I'd like to run them on top of my kitchen cabinets to make a nice glowy effect.

I'm not sure if all the dry leaves collecting on my deck contribute to the atmosphere or not! ;)

Amras Elfwine:
Oh, absolutely, they do... :D

Just don't let the squirrels decorate the inside of your car's air filter housing with acorns...its kinda bad for the car...as Lady Elfwine found out that one time... ::)

Fall is a good time to be shopping at Kohl's, Michael's, Target, etc., as the Fall-themed deco-stuff is very out-of-doorsy and fae-looking.

Fairyfly:
I used to have dried flower bunches hanging on ribbons around my room. A friend of mine has fake ivy vines hanging around the frames of the pictures she's got in her living room.

Plush, soft colored pillows adds to the fem-fae feel too!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version