News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castleteer Crest?

Started by Poof Bird, October 26, 2008, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poof Bird

Being a rennie group, we need a crest! 

I must have done this a year ago when I was still working at my old job where I could get away with that sort of stuff. 

PLEASE ignore the crappy crappy of this.  It was a mock-up done in 5 mins with really bad clipart.  I am *totally* going to redo it and make it much much better.  But before I do...opinions!

The blue and gold came from the KOGT crest that used to be on the Castle's website.  Eagle was on it, all of that.  I imagine the helmet is the wrong type, being crappy clipart and all.  Thought that shaking hands was good for the group.  Motto in the bottom scroll, or our group's name.  Maybe a top scroll.  Mantling needs some serious love and more flouriness.  Need that scrol-y thing on top of the shield.  Better castle tower/castle outline.  Different shield pattern?   Different colors?

Go, discuss!!  :D

Poof Bird

ohh WOW the colors got washed out from my original.  Oh well, it gets the idea across and I'm too lazy to go back and repost it.  lol, i'm so used to working in CMYK.  Man, this makes me look like a really bad designer  XD

So, ignore the low quality and crappy colors.  design is all that matters right now.  colors are easy to fix.

ALSO!

please please please don't say we need beer bottles or mead or whatever on this.  That's not what it's about.  Yeah, our group has slowly become a drinking party in silly costumes, but to me, that's not what it's about.  We are there to honor Harry Andrews and his masterpiece, to make friends, to eat good food, and have a good time.

No offense to anyone, of course.  I have no qualms with the alcohol.  I just think it would be in bad taste to randomly stick it on a crest.

Imestra

OK, Poofie, I'll make a suggestion, or two.   
The eagle is kinda scary, can this bird be sitting, instead of attacking?  (reminds me of The Colbert Report, LOL)
Could the castle be broader, a bit more like Harry's?  It looks too lonely to represent Castleteer gatherings.
I quite like the colors.
My suggestion for the shield would be to fancy up the top edge, like a handlebar mustache.  Pointed at the apex, curving slope to
pointed top corners.
Now, I'm off to look for Latin translators on the web.  I've got more, but wanna see what it looks like in Latin or Gaelic before posting.
By the way, PoofBird, love, luv, LOVE your Avatar!!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Poof Bird

Good ideas, Imestra.  I'm going to wait to see what a few people say before I start reworking it.

And avatar is thanks to Sir William Markus :D  He pointed me to that image and it was so totally me  :D

Old Tinker

our dearest Poofie,
thee has once again come to us with a grand idea.
but as far as design of the crest,
me's will let you and other come up with the design.
be well, and see all Nov. 15th.
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble