News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Reenactment photo gallery

Started by groomporter, October 26, 2008, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Some friends of mine who live in Chicago are part of the Chicago Costumer's Guild went this year for the Saturday and Sunday panels at Re Enactor fest,  as well as to check out the Dealer's Room.  Several of their fiends were giving pabnel discussions.

It has been recommended to me that I should attend next year. Taking the train from Winona to Chicago may not be a bad idea. I like  recreating the 18th Century for Clothing after the Elizabethan/Tudor periods. I have several 18th Century ensemles in the works.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

Galena, IL is the home of Ulysses S. Grant and also the home of 9 Civil War generals, so there are always at least 2 or 3 weekends in the summer where there is a reenactment taking place.  For a while, our younger son was a member of the 39 Leadmine Regiment.  I used to go out to visit his camp.  With the 100+ degree weather and all of them wearing wool, it was stifling for them.  They always made sure to drink plenty of water, but there were always some unexpected "deaths" during a battle, which really was some people passing out due to the heat.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

LaurenLee

My ex-husband (a.ka. the @#$% dirtbag) used to portray Nathan Bedford Forrest at the Battle of Sacramento!!!....(Un)fortunately, his luck has changed, and he no longer has a truck, trailer OR horse...too bad!    We were married in a Civil War ceremony at an event in Southern Illinois, too....  I have many friends who renew their vows in such ceremonies... I still sew many Civil War clothes for people in our unit, but really really love sewing English and Italian 16th century clothing instead.

Your dress in beautiful in your picture..  :)

LaurenLee

groomporter

Yours truly at the recent Echoes of the Past Living History Trade Fair in Oshkosh, WI
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

brier patch charlie

Charles Coleman

groomporter

Thanks, it was supposed to be for a friend who was with a 42nd Regiment/Black Watch group, but he never finished adding the braid/trim to it, and the group kind of died so he was willing to sell it.

sealion

Quote from: groomporter on October 26, 2008, 12:26:56 PM
The main problem with Reenactor fest is seeing all the different costumes and being tempted to put together a portrayal for yet another era...  ::)

WWII seems to be the biggest growing area of reenacting lately, but I've had enough of marching as a soldier. If I were going to do it I'ld take up saxophone again and start a little combo group portraying a '40's USO band.

I am assuming that you are the same Groomporter who has posted at Brass Goggles? I briefly flirted with the idea of putting together some Steampunk garb and even bought a few things but decided that I just can't afford the clothing and accessories for two different eras! LOL
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

sealion

Since the title of the thread is reenactment photos I thought this was as agood a place as rny to share some photos from The Feast of the Strawberry Moon last June.  ;D
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Tammy

Nice...ummmm.....photos!! Thank you Sealion!   :o
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Catherine

I second that!

so, here is one of myself and Lady Beatrice last June at NB Forrest homeplace( speaking of!!!) This is in chapel Hill, TN here. I wish I had a pic of the house, REALLY old  late 1700s log cabin. I'll get one this year

2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

groomporter

Quote from: sealion on March 05, 2009, 05:13:58 PM
Quote from: groomporter on October 26, 2008, 12:26:56 PM
The main problem with Reenactor fest is seeing all the different costumes and being tempted to put together a portrayal for yet another era...  ::)

WWII seems to be the biggest growing area of reenacting lately, but I've had enough of marching as a soldier. If I were going to do it I'ld take up saxophone again and start a little combo group portraying a '40's USO band.

I am assuming that you are the same Groomporter who has posted at Brass Goggles? I briefly flirted with the idea of putting together some Steampunk garb and even bought a few things but decided that I just can't afford the clothing and accessories for two different eras! LOL

Yup that's me. We obviously already do more than one era for peddling our games, and I make my kilt do double duty for the Steampunk end ;-)

groomporter

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Nice photos Groom!!  I must attend next year.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

groomporter

Quote from: sealion on March 05, 2009, 05:26:20 PM
Since the title of the thread is reenactment photos I thought this was as agood a place as rny to share some photos from The Feast of the Strawberry Moon last June.  ;D

Reminds me of our first time at Feast of the Hunter's Moon and the Native American reenactors playing la crosse in nothing but breech clouts. The wife enjoyed the eye candy that year.

Dustin

We entered a float in the local St. Patrick's Day parade this weekend to promote "Victorian Day", a living history event at a local Victorian garden cemetery. I walked in Victorian-ish garb, and had three reenactor-types riding the float - 2 Civil War, and 1 pre-Civil War.

The tombstones on the float have last names of Irish families that are buried at Oakdale, plus some Irish names from the float crew's families.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV