News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Would'st thou take a message?

Started by anne of oaktower, October 25, 2008, 11:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

Greetings fellow R/Fer's!  I am Anne of Oaktower, from Morelandshire (the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival) in Pennsylvania.  I was wondering if perhaps one of you might be so kind as to take a message to one of the vendors at TRF? 

My fiance is in need of button boots, and after reading several posts here on R/F we'd like to look into a pair by Son of Sandlar.  However, there seems to be a problem with their website.  A link posted by teach will get me to the myspace page, but every time I try to get to their website I get an "Application Error" message.  Thinking it might have been caused by running in Linux I rebooted in Windows, but that didn't help either.  I've tried every possible way I can think of to get onto their website, to no avail.  Obviously the problem is with their site, not my system.

Is it possible for someone here to make contact with someone at Son of Sandlar to inform them of the problem?  It would be great if they could get it resolved so we can make a selection and add some gold coins to their purse  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

KiltedPrivateer

Since no one responded for this weekend, I will let them know when I go in next weekend.  For the record, I own a pair of their older style of boot and I love them.  I'd really like to upgrade to the new sole style but that big purchase may have to wait a year or two.  Especially since the boots I own are still in really good shape.

Michael

*Fellow Linux Geek*
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

anne of oaktower

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 26, 2008, 08:15:56 PM
Since no one responded for this weekend, I will let them know when I go in next weekend.  For the record, I own a pair of their older style of boot and I love them.  I'd really like to upgrade to the new sole style but that big purchase may have to wait a year or two.  Especially since the boots I own are still in really good shape.

Michael

*Fellow Linux Geek*

Thanks Michael  :)  I haven't read one complaint about their boots yet, so they must be very good quality.  And the prices on the myspace page are definitely reasonable compared to some I've seen!

*I'll take Linux over Windows any day!*

Clan Procratination?!  Are we related?  LOL!!!

Blue66669

FYI- the Son of Sandlar site has been wonky for a bit over a year. Your best bet is to locate them on Myspace, as they actually do check that on a fairly regular basis.

www.myspace.com/sonofsandlar
Blaidd Drwg

*Teach*

Backing up Blue on that one. I bought mine from SoS (and Love them btw) but the only easy way to contact is myspace.
They are extremely helpful on site...very good service.

*and they like rum... or so I have heard*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

anne of oaktower

Thanks, Blue & teach.  I'll see about contacting them that way, also.  Do they have a variety of patterns/embroidery available other than what is shown on the myspace page, or is it basically one style customized by choice of color?

*Teach*

There are different varieties to be sure. I can't check the myspace page from here to tell you the different options though. Most of it is in the changing of the color but there are different styles like the lace up and the jesters boots.

*now i need to find a boot flask that'll fit*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Wolfden

I purchased a pair of boots from them two weeks ago, and they gave me a card and brochure with their phone, fax, email and physical address on it. I don't like posting that info here, but it is the same contact info posted on their myspace page, so you should be able to get in touch with them during the week. My boots are great, however, I did end up with the seven button style when I wanted the peasant boots. I was unable to get my size 10 feet down the boot's shaft so had to go with the ones that open up all the way. I am still breaking them in so they are a little uncomfortable (to be expected), but they are excellent quality with stout soles, steel shanks, reinforced heel and very thick leather. As for styles, most of the boots they had on display were the basic black standard boot/shoe, however, they did have a few of the more unique styles set out. The brochure I have shows some very interesting and unique styles that do not appear on their myspace page, but my guess is that if you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary it will probably be a custom order. Just make sure that if you decide to order by mail that they have an exchange policy in case they do not fit correctly. I am totally satisfied with Son of Sandlar and doubt you will have any issues with them.