News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

We are coming again this year, and really want to meet people!

Started by TheBlackSwanLady, October 27, 2008, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackSwanLady

We came for the first time last October and had such a great time. Most of my kids are all old enough for me to hang out and enjoy myself. I have a younger one staying with Dad, but this year Im bringing my 19 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son.

My daughter came last year and had an absolute blast. This is my middle son's first go round. We have more family and friends coming along as well, because I talked it up so much!

I lurked here last year, but don't really remember if I posted or not. I'm kinda shy, but a few mugs of happiness, and I come 'round alright.

We camped in the back against the trees and we liked the spot, but sis wants a different spot. Is there a link to that marvelous map of the camping area anywhere? I remember that from last time, but have lost it. It would come in handy this year, because I want a spot that sis and I can both agree on.

What a great place this is, with so many friendly folks. I can hardly wait! We are going the Final weekend.

Hi yall!!

Taarna

Welcome Black Swan Lady! If you are attending the final weekend Thanksgiving/Celtic Christmas, may I suggest you check out the McLotofus threads for the R/F gathering??
Good food, good friends and company, and a wondrous time will be had by all!
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Messyn McCleavage

Make sure and get there EARLY because there will be tons of people with marked territories by Thursday morning! (I mean with rope and caution tape, not marked in the manner that an animal would.  ;D)

I think I received a map? I will check my glove box, scan it, and post it to ye. If not, I'll get one this weekend.

Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

Brother Octavius

If it's Nov 14-16 please keeep your daughter away from the monks.  We ID  ;D
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

TheBlackSwanLady

TheBlackSwanLady

Quote from: Taarna on October 27, 2008, 04:35:16 PM
Welcome Black Swan Lady! If you are attending the final weekend Thanksgiving/Celtic Christmas, may I suggest you check out the McLotofus threads for the R/F gathering??
Good food, good friends and company, and a wondrous time will be had by all!

wonderful! I will absolutely do that. Thank you for your gracious welcome

TheBlackSwanLady

Quote from: Messyn McCleavage on October 27, 2008, 04:38:37 PM
Make sure and get there EARLY because there will be tons of people with marked territories by Thursday morning! (I mean with rope and caution tape, not marked in the manner that an animal would.  ;D)

I think I received a map? I will check my glove box, scan it, and post it to ye. If not, I'll get one this weekend.

Yes there once was a sort of map someone had made of the campground, and would LOVE to be able to print that.Your troubles are appreciated.
I don't quite know if I can leave that morning, but certainly by that evening. I haven't decided yet. whattodo, whattodo..

SirRichardBear

Weekend of the Nov 14-16 is highland fling weekend there will be a couple hundred scotsmen in kilt around the camp grounds.  Of course being scots we are always gentlemen.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Taarna

Quote from: SirRichardBear on October 27, 2008, 09:02:37 PM
Weekend of the Nov 14-16 is highland fling weekend there will be a couple hundred scotsmen in kilt around the camp grounds.  Of course being scots we are always gentlemen.

I just remembered what I like about Highland Fling Weekend.  ;D
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

brigaqueen1

Brigadoon is near Valhalla...you can find us (if you want to drop in and say hello) by either the large parachute in the trees or look for the large grey bus (I call it the prison bus...it's what it looks like), and once you find that, you'll see the green GPS of Brigadoon....

Come by and say hello!
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

TheBlackSwanLady

Hey my daughter and I remember you guys..or at least that big parachute!

We will absolutely come by and say hi

Brother Octavius

Quote from: brigaqueen1 on October 28, 2008, 08:07:22 AM
Brigadoon is near Valhalla...you can find us (if you want to drop in and say hello) by either the large parachute in the trees or look for the large grey bus (I call it the prison bus...it's what it looks like), and once you find that, you'll see the green GPS of Brigadoon....

Come by and say hello!

We want to be close to you again this year.  What happened to pokewithastick.com
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

brigaqueen1

I do believe "poke it with a stick" is still going on lol.... OurEvilOne that posts here (few and far between tho) is the one to ask...
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

Bonny Pearl

Be sure to come by Camp Clan McLotofus and say hello!  We are next to/near Valhalla and Brigadoon.  Usually rows 8-10.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88