News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine PREMIER EDITION

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, October 27, 2008, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I just got my copies of Faire Magazine and I must say HUZZAH. This totally rocks and it is heavy weight paper. It is far better than I expected and full color to boot.

So how did I get mine so fast? I was one of the photographers in it and one of my issues actually many of my issues came priority mail.

So hats off to the staff of Faire Magazine for a superb premier edition.

HUZZAH!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

SirBlackFox

Thank you SO MUCH. . . .  I always worry if the quality of the magazine's printing does justice to the art of the photographer. . .  Your opinion means a lot and I look forward to many more photos from you luv. . . you have great talent.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thank you SirBlackFox for that compliment.

Toki loved it and Mom got a copy. While my mom has zero interest in faire she was very impressed with the magazine and said it was far better than she expexted (my mom the pessimist).

Hopefully in the new year I will get a chance to go to a few other faires and ARF and Scarby are very possible. TRF had to be canceled. So hopefully I will get to go to those and capture yet more images for you to print.

Thank you for the oppertunity to show some of my work. It's every photographers dream to get something done in print such as a magazine or book.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

theChuck

i just got mine today. it's so great! as laney said, i wasn't expecting it to be on such heavy paper, but it totally adds to it. and huzzah for an article on nyrf, my home faire. well done, blackfox and everyone else. looking forward to the next one.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

NoBill Lurker

I got mine today also!  ;D

HUZZAH!

It's very nice indeed.........Well done!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Lady Nicolette

Just got mine today.  I loved especially the tribute piece to the first Renaissance Faire.  Brings back so many memories!   
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

SirBlackFox

Kevin Patterson, son of the lady we should thank for creating the first Ren Faire, loved the layout too and is busy gathering info and more photos for the Winter issue.  We plan to print everything we can from those early days so everyone can have their own personal archives showing how Ren Faires came to be.
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Huzzah and Hats off to Sir Black Fox for a FANTASTIC Premiere issue of FAIRE magazine!!! I cannot wait for the next issue, as I will be renweing my subscription before the time is up.

Loved your article Lady De Laney!!!!

This is a well done publication!! The color photography is stunning!!  Well planned!!  As soon as I get my Period Clothing website up, hubby says to look into being an advistisor.

Anyone who has not yet signed up for a subscription, do so!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Nicolette

Love that you're going to continue to follow up on the original Faire.  The whole magazine is beautiful, but there's not tons of information or photos available from the early days, so that's especially exciting for us old-timers. *adjusts glasses and smooth back blue hair* :)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

theChuck

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on November 01, 2008, 06:24:37 PM
Love that you're going to continue to follow up on the original Faire.  The whole magazine is beautiful, but there's not tons of information or photos available from the early days, so that's especially exciting for us old-timers. *adjusts glasses and smooth back blue hair* :)

seconded. i don't really know much about the history of faires, so id like to see more of that in the future.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

renfairephotog

It arrived the other day. Very nicely done.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Var Greyshadow

Mine arrived Friday!  VERY nice.  A resounding HUZZAH to all involved!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Athena

Quote from: theChuck on November 01, 2008, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: Lady Nicolette on November 01, 2008, 06:24:37 PM

seconded. i don't really know much about the history of faires, so id like to see more of that in the future.

I agree! I'd like to see more about the early faires in upcoming issues. I really enjoyed the spread on the original Pleasure Faire.

The magazine looks great, very well put together. I'm looking forward to the next issue!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lord Clisto of York

Mine came today finally and so far paging through, it looks great. I am going to be reading it at work tonight.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Dallan

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm half way through it. I would have finished it but my 11 year old wanted it too. He especially enjoyed the piece on the first festival and DOW at MDRF. He recognized the medieval Klingon. Great job SBF and those who contributed.
Fight'n

Lady Neysa

I got my copy yesterday and finished reading it this evening.   I LOVED it!!   Flipping the first page and seeing Fred coming down the slide gave me the biggest laugh and grin I've had in a while!  The full color, glossy pages are beautiful!  I got such a kick out of seeing all those familiar faces.   I read the entire magazine cover to cover, and found it all nicely laid out and interesting. Congratulations Black Fox and to all those who contributed.  You've got yourself a winner here! 

SirBlackFox

Glad you liked it m'luv. . . it truly is a labor of love and turned out better than I'd hoped.  Thank you!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Carl Heinz

Mine arrived today.  I've gotten started, but haven't made it to the Patterson article.

Very protectively packaged!!  It arrived in perfect condition even after being in the clutches of the USPS for a rather long time.

Carl
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert