News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Because I'm a wimp....

Started by ADraeger, October 28, 2008, 02:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

and have an unjustified fear of talking on the phone to strangers, I thought I'd post a couple of camping questions here & see if anyone could answer them for me.... :) :)

1) How late does the campground stay open for entering campers?  (I don't get off work until 5 and TRF is 5 hrs away).
2) Are visitors allowed to the campsite?  If so, how long/till when are they permitted to stay?  Also, would they have to pay an entrance fee for camping as well (along with their TRF tickets)?
3) Is there a place to rent permissible fire pits?
4) Does the Guard Shack take credit cards or should we bring extra cash for tickets/camping fee on arrival?

Thanks, in advance, for the help. :) :) 
P.S.  and  for information/interest, we (group of approx. 8 ppl) are going to be attending TRF/camping the weekend of Nov. 22nd. :)

Bonny Pearl

I've heard of late arrivals on Fridays so that shouldn't be an issue.  May want to call the TRF office to confirm how late someone is at the guard gate.  Might be able to get a camping pass at the quickie mart if no guards posted that late.

They are cracking down on visitors to the campgrounds.  If your friends come in/walk in from faire with you, since you will be onsite, it shouldn't be an issue.  Otherwise, if coming through the guard gate, yes, they must show tickets and pay $10 per car.

I believe you can get pits from the quickie mart as I have seen them there.  Limited supply most likely.

Call TRF office about credit cards-I always pay cash at the gate.  I don't think they are set up for c/c's.

....And don't be shy!  We are all fairemily here!   ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Aiacha

Actually, I just had a friend find out about buying tix at the gate guard...cash only.

Element of Air

I have arrived anywhere from 6 PM in the afternoon on Friday till 6 AM Saturday Morning.

There is always someone at the gate taking the $10 for camping. It is manned 24 hrs I believe.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

brigaqueen1

I think Friday day and night they have someone at the gate....I've shown up Sat mornings, around 8-ish and other than the woman at the train tracks...there's no guard at the shack. I am sure Sat night they have someone there.

You getting at camp around 10 pm shouldn't be an issue...it's not like they lock us in at night or anything. My hubby has shown up at 8 pm most times, and has no problems.

Not sure about the fire pits tho....

And I believe it's cash only at the guard shack.
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

eloquentXI

I pulled up to the guard shack at midnight this past Friday so any time you get there should be fine.
It's always a good idea to bring cash with you. And make sure you bring extra cash with you BEFORE you get to faire. The ATM's on the faire grounds charge anywhere from 4.95 to almost 8 dollars to use and get cash out of your account. It's outrageous.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Sir Martin

Quote from: eloquentXI on October 28, 2008, 06:33:39 PM
I pulled up to the guard shack at midnight this past Friday so any time you get there should be fine.
It's always a good idea to bring cash with you. And make sure you bring extra cash with you BEFORE you get to faire. The ATM's on the faire grounds charge anywhere from 4.95 to almost 8 dollars to use and get cash out of your account. It's outrageous.

Yegads ... I've never used the ATM on the festival grounds, but you're right, that's fiscal rape!   :o

ADraeger

Quote from: Sir Martin on November 03, 2008, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: eloquentXI on October 28, 2008, 06:33:39 PM

Yegads ... I've never used the ATM on the festival grounds, but you're right, that's fiscal rape!   :o

No Kidding! :P  "Withdraw some cash" just skyrocketed as my number one thing to do before faire...