News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Inspire me

Started by Vexed Viscount, November 02, 2008, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexed Viscount

It struck me today that the music I listen to on my MP3 player when I exercise is getting stale. I need something new, something fresh, something to get me going.

Inspire me. Please.
"A witty Saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

metalcelt

what type of music do you like?

Leyla

"Shake It" by Metro Station

itunes review: "This Hollywood group has been together since way back in 2005. It's sing-along emo in electro-pop clothing. It's a track that's refreshingly more aware of lust than angst with enough guitar and Robert Smith-esque vocal hiccups to satisfy the gloomy kids in the corner."

I got it as a free download from itunes a year ago, now playing on the radio.  :D  http://www.metrostationmusic.com/ to give it a listen.

jinx

It does really depend on what you like.  =D

Some of my favourites from my "get moving" list are:

-Seven Deadly Sins by Flogging Molly
-Devil's Dance Floor also by Flogging Molly
-Drunken Lullabies yet again by Flogging Molly
-The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band
-La Vie Boheme from the musical RENT
-But It's Better if You Do by Panic! at the Disco
-Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
-Open Road Song by Eve 6
-You May Be Right by Billy Joel

Hope that helps a little.  =D
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Vexed Viscount

Type of music doesn't matter. Just tell me what's on your get-your-arse-movin' playlist.

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Welsh Wench

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/music/

A song's tempo should be between 120 and 140 beats-per-minute, or B.P.M. That pace coincides with the range of most commercial dance music, and many rock songs.  It also roughly corresponds to the average person's heart rate during a routine workout.

Of course you can always send MG to strippercise class and she can come home with a whole new playlist!   ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Ranna

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk

I could listen to that song in a loop while working out ^^
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

metalcelt

Well, then

Hammerfall, Nightwish, Old Metallica, Coyote Run, The Brobdingnagian Bards, Iced Earth, Falconer, Cruachan, The Glengarry Bhoys, Brigid's Cross, Helloween, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Overkill

Malkavian

Quote from: metalcelt on November 03, 2008, 09:52:29 AM
Well, then

Hammerfall, Nightwish, Old Metallica, Coyote Run, The Brobdingnagian Bards, Iced Earth, Falconer, Cruachan, The Glengarry Bhoys, Brigid's Cross, Helloween, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Overkill

We should work out together.

My list is something like: Stormwarrior, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Ensiferum, Nile, Archenemy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well Check out Kan'Nal it's tribal rock as we call it. If you want some good kick but guitar work check out Dave Beegle or Jeff Wahl. Jeff's tends to be classical/jazz oriented but good.

Now if you want something to bang yer head to, Nightwish, Within Temptatrion, Xandria, Kamelot are good.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Welsh Wench on November 02, 2008, 07:37:57 PM
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/music/

A song's tempo should be between 120 and 140 beats-per-minute, or B.P.M. That pace coincides with the range of most commercial dance music, and many rock songs.  It also roughly corresponds to the average person's heart rate during a routine workout.

Of course you can always send MG to strippercise class and she can come home with a whole new playlist!   ;)

Oh my!  :o  This is what I come into when I haven't been checking R/F for a couple of days.  I can think of ways to get you moving, Honey, but music would be optional.   Oh wait, is this John's Inn?!?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Welsh Wench

Try Mya's 'My Love is like Whoa!'
Portishead's 'Glory Box'
And
Korn's 'Word Up'
Spyro Gyra's 'Silk and Satin'
Santana's 'Smooth'

OH! You want music to work out by. Not get worked up with.  ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

Here's a couple of oldies but goodies:

Tootsieroll by 69 Boyz

Baby got Back by Sir Mixalot

Both have a good rhythym and are fairly long playing.

I'd love to hear what you work out to now. I'm looking for some new tunes myself. :)

metalcelt

Quote from: Malkavian on November 03, 2008, 10:16:54 AM
Quote from: metalcelt on November 03, 2008, 09:52:29 AM
Well, then

We should work out together.

My list is something like: Stormwarrior, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Ensiferum, Nile, Archenemy

forgot about Maiden, was trying to come up with a list off the top of my head....

JessicaB

Try Slavic Soul Party. It's quite off-beat :P

Anna Iram

Odd how life is, but out of the blue a friend mentioned this evening that she's training for a marathon and picked up AC/DC's "Black Ice" She said it's a great CD to train with start to fininsh.

Vexed Viscount

Thanks MG but I need something to get me *out* and exercising, not keep me in... erm, and exercising.

Good suggestions, I'm checking some out online now.

As far as what I have currently, here's a sample:

Ready to go - Republica
Steve McQueen - Sheryl Crow
Are You Gonna be My Girl - Jet
Should I Stay or Should I Go - Clash
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
Cowboy - Kid Rock
Mercy - Duffy
Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) - Big and Rich
Valerie - Amy Wineouse (Marc Ronson version)
The Anthem - Good Charlotte
Hanginaround - Counting Crows
The Middle - Jimy Eat World
etc.

I like a varied and eclectic mix and I loved all these when I first loaded them but, as I mentioned, I need something fresh.

Keep the suggestions coming!

renren

Quote from: Anna Iram on November 03, 2008, 08:15:45 PM
Odd how life is, but out of the blue a friend mentioned this evening that she's training for a marathon and picked up AC/DC's "Black Ice" She said it's a great CD to train with start to fininsh.
Bought it, and I liked it! :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL